“Alderson-Broaddus College Mini Reunion” 4 of 5 stars

Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bridgeport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shady Spring, West Virginia
“Alderson-Broaddus College Mini Reunion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My wife & I stayed at the Microtel Inn & Suites Bridgeport, West Virginia & had a great stay. The hotel's staff was very friendly & helpful, the room was neat & clean, & the breakfast was fresh & tasty as well. This trip was our first stay at "any" Microtel Inn & Suites, & we are definitely planning to stay with them again when we visit this area in the future.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
HeatherAllman, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you very much for taking time away from your day to review our hotel, the Microtel Inn and Suites Bridgeport, on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you decided to give the Microtel Inn and Suites brand a chance to prove why we are an award winning hotel brand! We also appreciate the wonderful compliments given in your review and pride ourselves on being a great hotel, offering pleasant, clean accommodations to travelers.

We hope that the next time you are traveling through West Virginia that you stop by and stay with us again!

Heather Allman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hanover, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel is very convienant right off the highway and for a budget hotel I was pleasently surprised. The cost was right, about $35 less than any of the hotels in the area (on the night I stayed there). This is a no frills hotel, if you are looking for high end, this is not the place for you to stay. The hotel was very clean (no marks on the bedroom walls, bathroom was clean, etc), the front desk was very nice and no issues with check-in. I had a 1 queen bed room, which was small in room size( there was the bed, and a couple of feet on each side. The TV was mounted to the top of a angled clothes stand in the corner. There is a restaurant close by. Wi-Fi was free and very fast for a hotel. If you were staying and the price is the same, I would deffinately recommend a 2 queen bed room just so you have some space.

If I was passing through again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking time away from your day to review our hotel, the Microtel Inn and Suites Bridgeport, on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the kind, honest comments given in your review and pride ourselves on being a great hotel, offering pleasant, clean accommodations to travelers.

Your comments are very helpful to us as we use them to improve our hotel for future guests and stays. Our single queen size rooms are very small in comparison to our other rooms, but do serve for a great economical room choice for a quick, restful night's sleep.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope that the next time you are traveling through West Virginia that you stop by and stay with us again!

Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Great service! Very clean hotel! I was very impressed for my first time staying at this chain of hotels. I will go back and stay here in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: n/a
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking time away from your day to review our hotel, the Microtel Inn and Suites Bridgeport, on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the wonderful compliments given in your review and pride ourselves on being a great hotel, offering pleasant, clean accommodations to travelers.

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I had business to attend to at the local hospital and since this hotel was nearby, I stayed at Microtel. The location is kind of isolated but there a few restaurants and a gas station nearby.

I had to ring a bell to summon help from the desk clerk. She was very friendly and the check-in was fairly quick. The room was clean but the ice bucket and telephone were quite dirty. However, on my second day, those issues were resolved. Also the TV only picked up maybe 20 channels or so. When you are staying for a week, a larger selection of channels would be nice.

I also had to walk through a smokey hallway to get to my non smoking room. I see from past reviewers that this is a problem and still has not been resolved.

I seemed to be the only female guest and some of the male guests were kind of creepy. Also the back entrance needed a good mopping every once in a while as guests tracked in elements from the outside. The only time it appeared clean is in the morning after breakfast.

The workout room was a nice touch. But the equipment seemed like it was never cleaned.

The breakfast wasn't too bad, but the orange juice was yucky. The coffee was excellent. Some fresh fruit would be a nice touch for us carb watchers though.

I will be back in the area soon and will check out other hotels. While this one wasn't bad, it didn't win me over. It's perfect for a one-nighter or a quick sleep.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HeatherAllman, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
Thank you for taking time to write a review for the Microtel Inn & Suites Bridgeport on TripAdvisor.com. I apologize that your stay was less than you had expected. Your comments will be used to help prevent similar issues in the future. I do apologize that your phone and ice bucket were left without being properly cleaned, but I was glad to hear the issues were resolved the next day. The smoking rooms on the second floor are still a troublesome issue for us, but we do hope to resolve those issues in the near future. The cleanliness issues you experienced are unexceptable and we will strive to make sure that all of those are addressed. Again thank you for your time and we do hope you decide to give us another chance to prove ourselves to you as a wonderful hotel in the Bridgeport, WV area.
Philly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Was forced to stay here on a WVU game weekend. The facility is still relatively new so it is reasonabley clean. However, on my non-smoking upper floor, the smell of cigarette smoke was a bit overwhelming in the evening, leading me to purchase an air freshner for the room. The front desk staff seemed to be more concerned with the construction folks camped out in the lobby - but were not overtly rude. On game weekends, it is the ONLY reasonably priced choice on anything resembling last minute - but it is not really convenient to anything except the Benedum airport.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
HeatherAllman, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconveniences you might have incurred during your stay at our hotel.

We are actively trying to move all of our smoking rooms to the third floor, eliminating the smell of cigarette smoke from the other floors. This will help to confine the smoking rooms and remove as much smoking odor as possible.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope that this incident will not deter you from staying at our hotel in the future.

Heather Allman,
Eaton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I went on a vacation where I only planned the first few days, so this day found me without a hotel reservation. Everything was booked as I traveled down the interstate. The last stop told be to drive five miles and go to the Wyndham Hotel. They were full and the nice girl at the desk told me to go to Microtel. It was full of work trucks and semis and I thought, ugh what a hole this will be. Well, it was a good price, a very clean room, soft bed and pillows, clean bathroom with good towels etc. It was quiet and clean and I had an excellent nights sleep. It is a newer Microtel in a high end business district. Well worth the money.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Queen Creek, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Worst experience I have had traveling. The desk clerk was rude, and not at all helpful.

There are other places to stay in Bridgeport, WV, wher the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

We pride ourselves on providing great hotel accommodations and pleasant, helpful staff members to serve all of our guests. Unfortunately, we dropped the ball and you did not receive the service that you deserve. I hope that you can accept our sincere apologies regarding this situation.

Should you have any questions or any further concerns regarding our hotel, I ask that you please contact me directly by calling the hotel.

Heather Allman,

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport? Share your experiences!