“Business trip stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport

You added Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 Conference Center Way, I-79 and Route 279, Bridgeport, WV 26330   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Bridgeport
Charleston
“Business trip stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The rooms were adequate and quiet. The room had a slight musty smell. The pillows were below average (other comparable hotels have different firmness - these were beyond soft). The flat screen TV was nice, but it was sitting at the very back of an armoire that was made for a full size CRT television so that you could only view the TV from a very limited location in the room (the television was secured to the armoire so that it couldn't be moved). The condition of the lobby was excellent and the staff was courteous. I stayed on the 4th floor and for a newer hotel the condition of the carpet in the hallway was surprisingly bad - large stains. The breakfast was below average - I am not sure if these were eggs being served, but they were yellow and cut up from circular forms. They were room temperature as was the sausage. I gagged when I tasted them and had to throw them away. Fortunately, there was cereal and bagels available. It is questionable if I will return here when I have business in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

TJ N, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning this facility.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Please contact me directly at gmwingate@lodgingdev.com or the Asst. General Manager Adam Mills at asstgmwingate@lodgingdev.com or via telephone at 304-808-1000 at your earliest convenienceso that we can discuss this with you. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I just checked out earlier today following the last day of my conference. I was impressed with the convenient location as it is directly attached to the conference center (which makes trips back to the room during breaks that much easier!) The beds were plush and comfortable. The rooms are equipped with a full host of extras such as electronic safe, small refrigerator, and a full selection of Directv channels. It is also amply covered with wifi. Several have mentioned in previous reviews that the wifi is questionable; however, one only needs to access it through your browser to accept the hotel agreement, then surf away. There is an indoor pool, hot tub, and exercise room that I did not partake in but looked very welcoming. Staff were friendly and even helped me into my room a little earlier than the 4pm check in time. There are many restaurants in the area and well stocked gas stations all within walking distance. If ever I am back for another conference at the Bridgeport Conference Center, this will be my hotel of choice!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TJ N, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
We appreciate the positive comments concerning our rooms and staff. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you also enjoyed the conference. We work very closely to the conference center to make sure that all of our guests needs are met at both properties.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. It is our hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you.
Thank you again for the positive comments!!!
Stouffville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The layout, with regard to TV positioning, was very poor.

The drapery hooks were not all fastened which allowed early morning light to sneak thru.

There were dark hairs left on bathroom floor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning this facility.

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying in regards to the location of the tv. I also apologize for the drapes not being hooked correctly and allowing light to come in. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport? Share your experiences!