“Nice Facility” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport

Save Saved
You added Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 Conference Center Way, I-79 and Route 279, Bridgeport, WV 26330   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Bridgeport
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Nice Facility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel a few years ago when it was just opening. The area has taken off and it is a huge convention center set up now. The hotel is typical upscale Wyndam property. The staff was great an registration and I was given a jacuzzi tub room with a king bed, microwave and frig. in a well proportioned room. It had a flat screen TV and a 2nd one in the jacuzzi alcove off the main bed area. Nice touch. The linens and towels were first rate. The A/C worked great and despite 98 degree heat I was able to shut if off at bed time and the room stayed comfortable [2nd floor] without the need to re-start it during the night. Bed was excellent and there were lots of pillows. It also had a recliner and ottoman. I did not have a chance to sample the breakfast as I was on the road by 0530 as they were setting up. Easy on and off the I-79. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: End room I had came with a Jacuzzi hot tub.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
TJ N, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us to gain new potential customers and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for writing a review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at gmwingate@lodgingdev.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
FAYETTEVILLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The bathrom sink leaked, 2" of water on floor when we arrived, reported this problem every day with no solution.
Poor location, out of way for everything, had to taxie kids back & forth.
The Hotel was clean & comfortable & I would come back as a couples retreat without the kids, but as a family vacation the hotel was just to far away from everything.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Clarksburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stay at the hotel three days a week. Everyone is very nice and I love Teresa at the desk. I think the housekeeper do a excellent job. I have to be at work at 6:00am, it would be nice if the breast was at 5:00am !! LOL.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

TJ N, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We truly appreciate your positive feedback. We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Again, thank you for completing a review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at gmwingate@lodgingdev.com
HURRICANE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Bathroom light would not function properly. I was told it was an energy saving function and was basically ridiculed for leaving the light on. It had been on for less than an hour. Staff said they "checked" the problem, but it repeated afterwards. Frankly, if I choose to leave the bathroom light on 24/7, I should be able to, just as I can choose whether or not to reuse a towel. Thankfully, there was no one sharing my room or we would not both have been able to shower and get ready in the mornings without the light kicking off.
Of more concern than leaving the light on, was the fact that the problem was treated as if I was shirking my eco-responsibility about energy saving rather than addressing what could have been a serious electrical issue.

As for energy savings, how about equipping the TV with a sleep timer so that it wouldn't run all night. If there was one, I didn't find it, and apparently neither did the room next to or below me because a TV blared all night long. Perhaps they left it on so they could find their way to the bathroom.

The wireless internet reception was spotty in my room, and the ethernet connection cable was broken. I used the internet in my co-workers room and the cable worked fine there.

On a final note, I continue to receive emails about my stay, about the rewards program and so forth at my business email address. I assure you that I NEVER wish to hear from Wingate or their properties again, so please remove me from the email list. I will be forced to return to this location in the future for business, but certainly do not look forward to my stay.

SPRING HILL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

hotel price gouged me over 200.00 because of no electric in area..... ill try to never use your motels because of this .... never again.... if i had time i was going to report this to the attorney general johnny queen

STOLLINGS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great Experience, I would recommend a stay at this hotel to a friend, colleague, or family member. The room was very clean, comfortable, and quiet.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed at the one in Bridgeport wv.the bathroom was so dirty. The room was dirty. The elevator was very dirty I would not recommend this place,and the sad thing about it I'm not that picky !for me to complain it was bad

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning this facility. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Please contact me directly at gmwingate@lodgingdev.com or the Asst. General Manager Adam Mills at asstgmwingate@lodgingdev.com or via telephone at 304-808-1000 at your earliest convenience to discuss your situation and a resolution.

TJ Nicholson

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport? Share your experiences!