“Quality Hotel Bluefield WV” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel and Conference Center

You added Quality Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Quality Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3350 Big Laurel Hwy, US Route 52 and 460 Bypass, Bluefield, WV 24701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bluefield
Charlottesville
“Quality Hotel Bluefield WV”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Very nice! Enjoyed a comfortable bed and nice breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful. Great location for us in visiting family and going to area attractions in Princeton, Pipestem State Park, etc. I will definitely choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Carpet cleaning advisable!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
THank you for taking time to share your experience with future guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was here to delivery a wonderful experience for you.

We do look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I guess they're kind of tempting fate to call themselves the "quality" inn.. Not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and certainly not the worst in Bluefield. Room was less than clean. Used toothpick on the floor and used tissue in one of the drawers. Bed sheets were wrinkled, which could mean they were not washed. Sour smell in room. There was dust on top of one of the plugs which is a fire hazard. I guess the rest of the issues are "luxuries" but it was advertised that we had HBO and I went to the channel and it was fuzzy. Also there wasn't a mini fridge or microwave. I know I've had better experiences here but this one was disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
I am very disappointed and apologetic about the experience you have just described. This is not typical remarks of guests that stay at our hotel. I guarantee you I will look into this matter and I would like for you to return to see this was not typical at all. We take proud in our Quality of cleanliness and service at our hotel. Once again, please call me if you wuold like to further discuss. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kim Bowman
General Manager, CHA
South Point, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

As I visit this area annually for work, I found the location of this hotel perfect for me, allowing me access to the entire Clinch River valley in short order. The rooms are spacious and quite comfortable, although having a refrigerator/microwave combo in the room would save me a bit of money. The staff are wonderful, friendly, and responsive. Since I don't really drink when I'm on the road, I cannot comment on the in-house bar. The only real drawback is the inconsistent wi-fi connection, which the management has promised to look into. If the internet is your main source of news and information, I would suggest a smart phone or some such. Top marks go to the fact that they do not discriminate against those of us that smoke. I know this might annoy non-smokers, but we are still out there and deserve to be treated as citizens, too. This hotel understands that and caters to our needs as well as yours. If you are coming to the Bluefield-Princeton area, I would certainly recommend this place. Looking forward to next year's visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you return to our property when you are in the area. We will look into the internet issue because we know this is a very important factor for anyone traveling these days. We have not had any other complaints, but we thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband an I stayed here for the Christmas Holiday 2013. There was some snow but this did not prevent travel up the hill to the hotel. They salted the hill for travel. The staff was really nice. They were a little slow about bringing towel that I had requested but they were very professional. The buffet breakfast selection was small but fulfilling and tasty

Room Tip: small selection buffet but the food is great
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
I am so glad to hear you enjoyd your stay with us. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is place is one of the reason's I don't typically stay at a Quality Inn unless absolutely necessary. It wasn't horrible overall (staff was very friendly and helpful), rate was reasonable, and breakfast was filling and delicious. The room wasn't unclean but the hallways smelled like smoke and the room itself was dated. It's a shame because this hotel does have potential. Next time I'm in the area, I will probably find a better option

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
THank you for sharing your comments with us. I am glad that you found the staff friendly. We have completed some updates since your stay in March. We do have a smoking section in the hotel but it is away from the non smoking rooms, so I think on a return visit you will find the smell has been elimanted.
Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Based on older reviews of this hotel, I was not expecting much from this hotel.But, it was for just 1 day. I was very surprised. The room was nice and clean. The location was easy to access from Hwy.460. The staff was very friendly. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
THank you for taking time to write the kind comments about your stay. Our staff always strives to be friendly and make everyone feel like they are family and that this is your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Clean rooms, comfortable bed with fluffy, warm comforter, efficient heating/cooling in the room, SUPER FRIENDLY staff, great FREE breakfast with sausage links, eggs, waffles, etc. Good value overall. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
I am thrilled to hear about your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. We get quite a bit of feedback about our breakfast. THanks for taking the time to share your experience with others.

Been to Quality Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!