“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel and Conference Center

You added Quality Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Quality Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3350 Big Laurel Hwy, US Route 52 and 460 Bypass, Bluefield, WV 24701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bluefield
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I guess they're kind of tempting fate to call themselves the "quality" inn.. Not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and certainly not the worst in Bluefield. Room was less than clean. Used toothpick on the floor and used tissue in one of the drawers. Bed sheets were wrinkled, which could mean they were not washed. Sour smell in room. There was dust on top of one of the plugs which is a fire hazard. I guess the rest of the issues are "luxuries" but it was advertised that we had HBO and I went to the channel and it was fuzzy. Also there wasn't a mini fridge or microwave. I know I've had better experiences here but this one was disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
I am very disappointed and apologetic about the experience you have just described. This is not typical remarks of guests that stay at our hotel. I guarantee you I will look into this matter and I would like for you to return to see this was not typical at all. We take proud in our Quality of cleanliness and service at our hotel. Once again, please call me if you wuold like to further discuss. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kim Bowman
General Manager, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
South Point, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

As I visit this area annually for work, I found the location of this hotel perfect for me, allowing me access to the entire Clinch River valley in short order. The rooms are spacious and quite comfortable, although having a refrigerator/microwave combo in the room would save me a bit of money. The staff are wonderful, friendly, and responsive. Since I don't really drink when I'm on the road, I cannot comment on the in-house bar. The only real drawback is the inconsistent wi-fi connection, which the management has promised to look into. If the internet is your main source of news and information, I would suggest a smart phone or some such. Top marks go to the fact that they do not discriminate against those of us that smoke. I know this might annoy non-smokers, but we are still out there and deserve to be treated as citizens, too. This hotel understands that and caters to our needs as well as yours. If you are coming to the Bluefield-Princeton area, I would certainly recommend this place. Looking forward to next year's visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you return to our property when you are in the area. We will look into the internet issue because we know this is a very important factor for anyone traveling these days. We have not had any other complaints, but we thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband an I stayed here for the Christmas Holiday 2013. There was some snow but this did not prevent travel up the hill to the hotel. They salted the hill for travel. The staff was really nice. They were a little slow about bringing towel that I had requested but they were very professional. The buffet breakfast selection was small but fulfilling and tasty

Room Tip: small selection buffet but the food is great
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
I am so glad to hear you enjoyd your stay with us. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Based on older reviews of this hotel, I was not expecting much from this hotel.But, it was for just 1 day. I was very surprised. The room was nice and clean. The location was easy to access from Hwy.460. The staff was very friendly. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
THank you for taking time to write the kind comments about your stay. Our staff always strives to be friendly and make everyone feel like they are family and that this is your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Clean rooms, comfortable bed with fluffy, warm comforter, efficient heating/cooling in the room, SUPER FRIENDLY staff, great FREE breakfast with sausage links, eggs, waffles, etc. Good value overall. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
I am thrilled to hear about your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. We get quite a bit of feedback about our breakfast. THanks for taking the time to share your experience with others.
Chesterfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We were visiting with family members and were booked to stay (2) nights. We checked for bed bugs as usual- nothing. Then when my son pulled back his bed linen he found a urine spot on them. My husband immediately called the front desk to complain and they offered us to move to another room. He went to check the 2nd room out. When he went to check for bed bugs under the mattress there was a deflated blow up doll. He was totally outraged. He called the front desk and said we were leaving. If this is what you call "Housekeeping" my family will not stay here or recommend this hotel. We had already drove 5 hours to get here and by this time it was 11:30pm. We had to repack our things and find another hotel- we went to Holiday Inn-Princeton, WV. It was about 1:30AM before we went to bed. Although the Assistant Manager offered us a discount for a suite at the Quality Inn- we declined as we were disgusted by the uncleanliness of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
I apologize for the experience you encountered at our hotel. This is not typical from our Housekeeping Dept. I have addressed the matter with the person who cleaned these rooms and as the Asst Manager had communicated with you, he is no longer in our Houseekeping Dept. It is important to us that all rooms are clean for our guest. I hope to see you again soon. Also, feel free to have your family stop by at anytime to take tour of our hotel and they will no see anything like you experienced. Thanks for taking the time to fill out this about your stay and I do once again apologize and hope to see you soon.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Large clean rooms, small clean bathrooms, very friendly staff, good breakfast with eggs, sausage,etc, good tv choices, easy access to rooms. Lots of parking. Enjoyed my stay, location up on a hill for good views.
And I am being impressed by this chain the mor I stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
I am glad to hear about your recent stay at our Hotel.

I am glad you found our staff very friendly. WE always make sure we treat every guest like they are family.

We always make sure to do our best to ensure all rooms are clean.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluefield
Econo Lodge Near Bluefield College
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 15 in Princeton
4.0 of 5 stars 156 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Princeton

Been to Quality Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!