“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel and Conference Center

You added Quality Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Quality Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3350 Big Laurel Hwy, US Route 52 and 460 Bypass, Bluefield, WV 24701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bluefield
Germantown
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

After being told that we could not stay with our cats at another hotel (that I had reserved), we found the Quality Inn. They indeed are pet friendly. The staff was so nice and helpful. They gave us an end room, near the steps which made it easier to transport the cats and our stuff. The room was clean and the bed was so comfortable. The hotel has a nice outdoor pool and fully equipped exercise room complete with sauna and free Wi-Fi that worked geat. The breakfast was great (my husband loved the homemade biscuits and gravy). The only drawback is that the rooms do not have a microwave or a fridge, so we had to keep getting ice to keep the stuff in our cooler cold. The location of the hotel is on top of a hill, so you could see nice views of the mountains. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
We are glad you were able to visit with us and able to bring your pet along too. We know that peoples pets are like their children and that is why we always welcome pets.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and when you call to make your reservation make sure you ask for a room that has a microwave and refrigerator. Some of our rooms have them.

Once again, thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a great place to stay even thought it is off the WV toll road about 3-4 miles. The people behind the desk were friendly and kind. The room was clean and ever thing work as expected. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to fill out comments about your stay.

Friendly staff and Clean rooms is a must at our hotel. We are glad you pointed out these 2 features.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Delafield, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stopped here because we could not drive any further in a snow storm. We had our own cooler of food so we were not concerned that there was no food service. What might have been a two star experience became a no star hotel when we woke up the next morning with bed bug bites. Just thought you should know.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I want to first THank You for staying with us. Our goal is that every guest is Very Happy when they leave. We have not had any reported cases of Bed Bugs. Our staff is trained to look for Bed Bugs as well as we have a Local Exterminating Service that comes to our property on a scheduled basis for Preventative Services. Once again, THank You for staying with us and if you have any further concerns, please feel free to contact the hotel and we will personally address your concerns.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a decent, fairly inexpensive place to stay while travelling through the area. It's safe. By no means is it fancy, but the employees make this place. My husband had lost his wallet. Everyone was so helpful to us. It was not recovered before we left, but when a relative went to pick it up later after being found by housekeeping, everything was in it. Nice to know that there are still honest people in this world.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor if possible. Rooms seem to be newer.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
THank you for staying with us. Thanks for the kind words about the staff. Our goal is that every guest has a great experience at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again and thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Our daughter goes to college in bluefield and we visit several times during volleyball season. We had been driving to Princeton West Virginia to stay the night but this place was closer. Both times the rooms smelled bad (non smoking rooms) this last time they cleaned the room while we were at a volleyball game(only made the bed) no towels of any kind! I called down for towels they said give me a few minutes..... No show. We left to go back to the school and came back that night..... Still no towels, called the front desk, he says I'm the only one here give me a few minutes. Waited 20 minutes and went to the front desk to find him just hanging out with someone from their little nightclub. I said Hey, towels room # he says my fault let me see if we have any.... He say all I have is two towels, all the hand and wash towels are still dirty????? Two colleges within two miles, clean the place up add a frig to the room and act like you care and maybe you'll get more business and then can afford to remodel the place. I will be driving to Princeton and pay $40.00 more a night to at least be treated like a paying customer! The hotel all the way in Princeton gas me a 15% discount because my daughter went to college near by, the lady the first night at the not so quality inn laughed at me when I asked..... HELLO..... Lots of college kids, lots of parents visiting, try catering to them and not so much to the construction workers who trash the place and take all the parking with their big trucks.

• Stayed October 2012
We apologize for what you experience during your stay last Oct.

We have a new staff in our Housekeeping Dept as well as some new Faces thru the entire hotel.

I apologize that the Front Desk Staff didn't relay to you about the rate we have for the College.

Please feel free to contact me anytime and I will review the programs we have in place for the college.
Owensboro, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Large room, comfortable beds, excellent temperature control. Tiny bathroom - door practically hit toilet. The room was not properly cleaned. There was a long, black hair in the bathtub and lint on the room carpeting. The complimentary breakfast was quite extensive and good. The bar had an extremely small selection of liquor, not even any brandy, and is in dire need of an update.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I want to thank you for your comments about your stay last year.

We have stocked our bar to great capacity and have a nice selection at this time.

We have also employeed a new Housekeeping Staff.

I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast while staying with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon so you can see the improvements that have been made.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here with my husband the two nights before he deployed. This is the hotel that the military contracts rooms so I thought it would be my best option. The room was nice, clean, and spacious with a microwave and fridge. The bed and pillows were really comfortable. There were a few things in the room that is outdated. The hallways need a lot of work, most look dirty and wallpaper is peeling.

The hotel staff was extremely helpful and attentive. My husband and his father have the same name, and they both had booked rooms. When the hotel noticed this they thought my husband had accidentally booked twice by mistake. The hotel called to make sure this was on purpose so that we were not double charged.

Another praise to the hotel staff: there was an inconsiderate guest on my floor who allowed their pet to poop in the hallway and then left it to stink. Once the staff was notified they sent someone to clean it immediately.

There is a night club/bar connected to the hotel with pool tables and the bartender was extremely nice. But it gets really loud at night and carries over into the lobby.

When I was leaving the hotel this morning from one of the side doors, before I even exited I noticed a very strong scent that smelled like marijuana. When I exited a notice a lady in a shirt with the hotel logo standing right outside the door smoking.

All other amenities that the hotel provides I did not use, and can not speak on them.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the front of the hotel, they have a better view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!