“Nice people” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel and Conference Center

You added Quality Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Quality Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3350 Big Laurel Hwy, US Route 52 and 460 Bypass, Bluefield, WV 24701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bluefield
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice people”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a decent, fairly inexpensive place to stay while travelling through the area. It's safe. By no means is it fancy, but the employees make this place. My husband had lost his wallet. Everyone was so helpful to us. It was not recovered before we left, but when a relative went to pick it up later after being found by housekeeping, everything was in it. Nice to know that there are still honest people in this world.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor if possible. Rooms seem to be newer.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
THank you for staying with us. Thanks for the kind words about the staff. Our goal is that every guest has a great experience at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again and thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Our daughter goes to college in bluefield and we visit several times during volleyball season. We had been driving to Princeton West Virginia to stay the night but this place was closer. Both times the rooms smelled bad (non smoking rooms) this last time they cleaned the room while we were at a volleyball game(only made the bed) no towels of any kind! I called down for towels they said give me a few minutes..... No show. We left to go back to the school and came back that night..... Still no towels, called the front desk, he says I'm the only one here give me a few minutes. Waited 20 minutes and went to the front desk to find him just hanging out with someone from their little nightclub. I said Hey, towels room # he says my fault let me see if we have any.... He say all I have is two towels, all the hand and wash towels are still dirty????? Two colleges within two miles, clean the place up add a frig to the room and act like you care and maybe you'll get more business and then can afford to remodel the place. I will be driving to Princeton and pay $40.00 more a night to at least be treated like a paying customer! The hotel all the way in Princeton gas me a 15% discount because my daughter went to college near by, the lady the first night at the not so quality inn laughed at me when I asked..... HELLO..... Lots of college kids, lots of parents visiting, try catering to them and not so much to the construction workers who trash the place and take all the parking with their big trucks.

• Stayed October 2012
kbowman, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
We apologize for what you experience during your stay last Oct.

We have a new staff in our Housekeeping Dept as well as some new Faces thru the entire hotel.

I apologize that the Front Desk Staff didn't relay to you about the rate we have for the College.

Please feel free to contact me anytime and I will review the programs we have in place for the college.
Owensboro, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Large room, comfortable beds, excellent temperature control. Tiny bathroom - door practically hit toilet. The room was not properly cleaned. There was a long, black hair in the bathtub and lint on the room carpeting. The complimentary breakfast was quite extensive and good. The bar had an extremely small selection of liquor, not even any brandy, and is in dire need of an update.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I want to thank you for your comments about your stay last year.

We have stocked our bar to great capacity and have a nice selection at this time.

We have also employeed a new Housekeeping Staff.

I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast while staying with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon so you can see the improvements that have been made.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here with my husband the two nights before he deployed. This is the hotel that the military contracts rooms so I thought it would be my best option. The room was nice, clean, and spacious with a microwave and fridge. The bed and pillows were really comfortable. There were a few things in the room that is outdated. The hallways need a lot of work, most look dirty and wallpaper is peeling.

The hotel staff was extremely helpful and attentive. My husband and his father have the same name, and they both had booked rooms. When the hotel noticed this they thought my husband had accidentally booked twice by mistake. The hotel called to make sure this was on purpose so that we were not double charged.

Another praise to the hotel staff: there was an inconsiderate guest on my floor who allowed their pet to poop in the hallway and then left it to stink. Once the staff was notified they sent someone to clean it immediately.

There is a night club/bar connected to the hotel with pool tables and the bartender was extremely nice. But it gets really loud at night and carries over into the lobby.

When I was leaving the hotel this morning from one of the side doors, before I even exited I noticed a very strong scent that smelled like marijuana. When I exited a notice a lady in a shirt with the hotel logo standing right outside the door smoking.

All other amenities that the hotel provides I did not use, and can not speak on them.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the front of the hotel, they have a better view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Perry, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Nice location on top of a hill away from the traffic below. While the hotel has been renovated, the outside could use some work. My room overlooked the pool area, which didn't look inviting to me. The room itself was in decent shape and the bed very comfortable! There are not many hotels in the area, and from what I saw this is the best option. It'll work for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Greenville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The room was clean, nothing fancy. The only complain I had was there was no frig or microwave in the rooms as advertised. Upon check out we found out that you have to request them. Well that is something they need to tell people upon check-in. There was only one staff member that was not all that friendly or helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We recently stayed here for a Soccer Tournament - 5/5 and 5/6 in Bluefield, WV. Let me say, the front desk and housecleaning staff were extremely nice and friendly people. They actually let us check in early and even hang around in lobby between games after checking out. The breakfast was okay - your standard stuff. The beds were surprisingly comfortable and we slept really well. There aren't too many places in Bluefield/Princeton that are clean, updated, etc.

The managament really needs to invest in some "bear bins" - there is a horrible bear problem here - trash ALL OVER the hill because bear keeps raiding them. He was spotted around 10:30pm near the hotel...needless to say this is dangerous.

The hotel is old and definitely has smells from old age. Needs a complete redo/update.

Room Tip: No real advantage over disadvantage - whole place is mildew infested and hallways smell like old smo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!