“Not bad; comfortable bed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Quality Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Quality Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3350 Big Laurel Hwy, US Route 52 and 460 Bypass, Bluefield, WV 24701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bluefield
Perry, GA
“Not bad; comfortable bed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Nice location on top of a hill away from the traffic below. While the hotel has been renovated, the outside could use some work. My room overlooked the pool area, which didn't look inviting to me. The room itself was in decent shape and the bed very comfortable! There are not many hotels in the area, and from what I saw this is the best option. It'll work for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Greenville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The room was clean, nothing fancy. The only complain I had was there was no frig or microwave in the rooms as advertised. Upon check out we found out that you have to request them. Well that is something they need to tell people upon check-in. There was only one staff member that was not all that friendly or helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We recently stayed here for a Soccer Tournament - 5/5 and 5/6 in Bluefield, WV. Let me say, the front desk and housecleaning staff were extremely nice and friendly people. They actually let us check in early and even hang around in lobby between games after checking out. The breakfast was okay - your standard stuff. The beds were surprisingly comfortable and we slept really well. There aren't too many places in Bluefield/Princeton that are clean, updated, etc.

The managament really needs to invest in some "bear bins" - there is a horrible bear problem here - trash ALL OVER the hill because bear keeps raiding them. He was spotted around 10:30pm near the hotel...needless to say this is dangerous.

The hotel is old and definitely has smells from old age. Needs a complete redo/update.

Room Tip: No real advantage over disadvantage - whole place is mildew infested and hallways smell like old smo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Riverview, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Traveling with a bus group, we stopped here on the way to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We went to the restaurant, ordered a chicken sandwich, and waited 45 minutes for it to arrive at our table. There were 12 people in the restaurant. There are no other restaurants nearby, as this location is situated by itself on top of a hill. The next morning, a Sunday, one member of our group had their luggage stolen. The person from the hotel said that there were cameras that probably recorded the event, but no one from the hotel could review the recording until Monday.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I booked a room for three nights over the Christmas weekend. Over the years I had stayed here before while it was a Holiday Inn and watched it slowly deteriorate, but it is the best of what is available in Bluefield so I had to make do with it for this stay. I was pleasantly surprised that the ownership has refurbished since it was part of the HI chain. My room (113) was very nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. The beds were some of the best I've ever experienced in a hotel chain. The breakfast was standard but good. The staff was outstanding. From the check in, housekeeping, breakfast attendants and check out they were friendly and helpful. I was definitely stay here when needed the next time in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room in the winter to cut down on any noise from arrivals or departures.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Yorktown, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I have dealt with this hotel before conducting Military contracts when it was under the Holiday Inn. So me and my wife reserved a non smoking room on 21 September and stayed 3 nights. We checked in and the whole area smelt like a smoke factory, and even the room smelled smokey. Non smoking rooms shouldnt be mixed with smoking rooms. So the next morning they moved us into another Corridor. That area had a clean smell to it. We went into the room and it had a mildewed smell in the room. We had to go on to the hospital and didnt have time to deal with the staff at the time. I came back to the room around 4 pm for a few minutes. My door was wide open and someone was shampooing the carpet and had 2 twin girls in my room. He left after a few minutes and I left back out at 4:30. Me and my wife came back after a long day at Bluefield Regional Hospital at 12:30 A.m. I couldnt even get in the room. They locked us out of our room because the room wasnt suppose to be given to us in the first place because a leak stunk up the place. I was furious because we had to go all the way to the front desk and move our belongings into another room. Then that room had trash behind the nightstand and a piece of laungerie on the floor.After all that they took a whole wopping 10 dollars off our bill. I would recommend staying 12 miles away in Princeton at another Hotel. There is no other decent place in Bluefield to stay but dumpy crack motels.

Room Tip: Go to Princeton instead.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Pathfork, Kentucky, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The staff were very friendly. Rooms were clean and spacious. The bed was too hard for me, so if you have any back trouble, don't expect to be too comfortable. Good overall experience, just not a vacation spot. A plus, the breakfast bar was good and the hotel is pretty close to most of the restaurants. Princeton is not to far away and there are good places to eat.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Quality Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!