“A Dump” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bluefield
Youngstown, OH
“A Dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We've stayed here before, and it gets worse all the time. This will be our last visit. The rooms are small, and they stink. The furniture looks like it hasn't been replaced in years, although when we were her the last time, it looked like they were replacing some of it, along with some carpeting. The bathroom was filthy with visible mold on the floor and tub - I wouldn't even go in there with my shoes off, and I waited until the next day when we reached our destination to shower. The phone didn't work, and neither did the TV. The mattress was soft and lumpy, as were the pillows. The continental breakfast is a joke, served in a room about the size of a bathroom, and is only good if you like coffee with a piece of toast or cereal. People screaming at each other all night, in other rooms and in the parking lot (this visit and past visits). The staff is very nice, but it doesn't make up for the place being a complete dive.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Econo Lodge in Bluefield when transitioning between homes. This is by far the best customer service I have ever received at a hotel. The staff was amazing. This is the most important part of a hotel stay for me, and I never had any issues during my entire extended stay. They were always very friendly and helpful. Beyond that, the hotel was quiet and the newly renovated rooms were great. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013
Fairlawn, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We found this place to be VERY restful with CLEAN comfortable beds and courteous service. It wasn't hard to find after a short distance from I-77 N at Bluefield WVA. along US 52.The price for a room and a KING bed was only 62.00 (includes tax).
Understand , we aren't given to writing reviews unless it's warranted. Their renovations are definitely helpful. If you want a Marriott - type place then go find it and PAY for it !

Room Tip: First floor rooms were easily available
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fountain Inn, Sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I got what I deserved for trying to save 20 bucks. In addition to the motel not honoring the priceline booking price, the condition was awful. The door of the room was hard to open and close and would not lock properly. The room smelled awful. Toilet did not work even after manager came out in the middle of the night to work it. We had to use the bathroom at the wendy's across the street. I have contacted choice hotels to ask how this place can even have a one star rating.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Gryon, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

It is a newly renovated facility with a few restaurants within walking distance. It is complete with an outdoor grill and refrigerators in the rooms. The staff personnel were also very accommodating. Overall, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Crystal Lake, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our family of nine stayed there one night on our way to NC. We had three rooms, two beds each. Were we able to sleep? Yes. And that's all I can positively say. They had many vacant rooms, but still put us on 2nd floor. I just find that rude. Carpet in the rooms were disgusting. Hair in the shower. Toiletries small and pretty much worthless.

We booked this hotel because of location but also because of the continental breakfast included. What a joke. Awful coffee, no fruit, not even bananas but worst of all was the day old boxed mini donuts. Really?? I really wanted to save money on breakfast before heading out early the next morning, but we had to stop for food anyway, since no one ate.

We went to put some items in the in room mini fridge and the seal was black with mold and falling off. Yikes.

But the worst part was that my niece realized she left her necklace on the bathroom counter several hours after leaving. We made numerous calls and they were VERY unhelpful. I hope the maid (I.e. OWNERS) get many years of enjoyment out of a sentimental piece of jewelry.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Germantown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I booked this hotel thru their website for a two night stay. When my husband and I arrived after driving for several hours, we were told that cats were not permitted, only dogs, and was directed to a piece of paper taped to the wall that said "cats not permitted." My husband and I have stayed at several pet friendly hotels and have never encountered a hotel that only allowed dogs, but advertised that it was "pet friendly." Luckily, I saw a sign for a Quality Inn as we got back on the Interstate to find another hotel. If you are looking for a truly "pet friendly" hotel in Bluefield, West Virginia, I highly recommend the Quality Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Near Bluefield College? Share your experiences!