“Disturbing behavior” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn

Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn
New Hope Rd, Berkeley Springs, WV 25411   |
Silver Spring, MD
“Disturbing behavior”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

When I called to make a reservation for me and my husband a while back, I had an unnerving telephone conversation consistent with some of the other reviews. The innkeeper first confirmed that we were a heterosexual couple...I should have immediately followed my instinct and canceled, as we're not the hating types and don't enjoy the company of those who are. Anyhow, I apparently committed the grave error of asking for a smoking room, and the man hissed something so awful I won't even write it here. I responded with an equally unsuitable-for-print exclamation before he hung up. Seems bad enough? It gets worse.

A minute after the call ended, I got a call from an unknown number. I answered, and the caller hung up. He called back five minutes later and again hung up. This happened about six times a day for three days, until the final time I answered and told the caller that I had filed a police report.

Incredibly creepy and upsetting. Place sounds like the Bates Motel.

Berkeley Springs is a lovely community, and there are many opportunities for delicious dining, namely Tari's. By all means, visit Berkeley Springs, enjoy the antique shopping and the spas, but steer clear of this particular establishment.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Baltimore, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

This place is totally overrated. And yes, I am talking about the right Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn, the one that requires you to jump through hoops to get in. After you pass the phone interview (assuming you make it that far, my friends didn't, they got hung up on), there's the huge list of rules to follow, all for food that just isn't that great and a place that isn't up to other places that I've stayed. This place just isn't worth the effort required to get a reservation or the money it costs to stay here.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

My husband and I celebrated my birthday with a weekend at the Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn. Our accomodations, the gourmet meals, and spa were first rate, as was the service. The property is secluded and quiet, everything was orderly and unrushed. The Inn was immaculate, and the food beyond my expectations!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

When I asked my guy what he wanted for his 60th birthday he said "take me away." I thought that he needed pampering, and so did I so I booked for Easter weekend and I am so glad we did. Berkley Springs Inn and Spa was delightful. The staff was there to greet us and we settled in for a quiet and relaxing weekend of massages and facials, scrumptous breakfasts and dinners, incredibly comfortable beds (can you say 1000 count sheets), and a surrounding area on the brink of spring.
The town of Berkley Springs is sweet. Nice shops, galleries, restaurants and of course the historical warm springs. We had our fill of spa where we were staying but others said it was a special way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Healing waters, massage and pool. On our next visit I will partake.
This was a romantic way for a couple to spend a special weekend. Only three easy hours from Phila. We will be back!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

My husband called to make a weekend reservation for two at the advertised web site price. The man who answered the phone took our reservation and said someone would call back before 12:00 to confirm the spa details. The return call never occurred; even though my husband made two additional attempts to reach the inn. During the original conversation, he said our reservation was set and he would email the directions to the inn. He also did not honor the advertised price for the stay on the website. I definitely would spend my money elsewhere.

• Liked — Phone call was never returned.
  • Disliked — The phone manner of the person taking reservations.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

This was a fabulous get away weekend! The Spa and Inn gave us the royal treatment with gourmet meals, clean, beautiful room and facility with our own balcony, and 2 spa treatments included in the stay. The staff were friendly and very professional. You couldn't want a better place for a relaxing, private, romantic get away.

• Liked — Cleanliness and the fabulous food! It was quiet but lots to do nearby.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

The Spa and Inn are spotlessly clean and the staff is very competent and friendly. The food was absolutely delicious and the portions very generous. The setting is very peaceful and lends itself to a very relaxing time, which we really had. For all that we received, I think the price was excellent. I couldn't recommend it higher.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn? Share your experiences!