“Totally overrated. Don't believe all the good reviews.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn

Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn
You added Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn to your Saves list
New Hope Rd, Berkeley Springs, WV 25411   |
Baltimore, MD
“Totally overrated. Don't believe all the good reviews.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

This place is totally overrated. And yes, I am talking about the right Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn, the one that requires you to jump through hoops to get in. After you pass the phone interview (assuming you make it that far, my friends didn't, they got hung up on), there's the huge list of rules to follow, all for food that just isn't that great and a place that isn't up to other places that I've stayed. This place just isn't worth the effort required to get a reservation or the money it costs to stay here.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

My husband and I celebrated my birthday with a weekend at the Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn. Our accomodations, the gourmet meals, and spa were first rate, as was the service. The property is secluded and quiet, everything was orderly and unrushed. The Inn was immaculate, and the food beyond my expectations!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

When I asked my guy what he wanted for his 60th birthday he said "take me away." I thought that he needed pampering, and so did I so I booked for Easter weekend and I am so glad we did. Berkley Springs Inn and Spa was delightful. The staff was there to greet us and we settled in for a quiet and relaxing weekend of massages and facials, scrumptous breakfasts and dinners, incredibly comfortable beds (can you say 1000 count sheets), and a surrounding area on the brink of spring.
The town of Berkley Springs is sweet. Nice shops, galleries, restaurants and of course the historical warm springs. We had our fill of spa where we were staying but others said it was a special way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Healing waters, massage and pool. On our next visit I will partake.
This was a romantic way for a couple to spend a special weekend. Only three easy hours from Phila. We will be back!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

My husband called to make a weekend reservation for two at the advertised web site price. The man who answered the phone took our reservation and said someone would call back before 12:00 to confirm the spa details. The return call never occurred; even though my husband made two additional attempts to reach the inn. During the original conversation, he said our reservation was set and he would email the directions to the inn. He also did not honor the advertised price for the stay on the website. I definitely would spend my money elsewhere.

• Liked — Phone call was never returned.
  • Disliked — The phone manner of the person taking reservations.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

This was a fabulous get away weekend! The Spa and Inn gave us the royal treatment with gourmet meals, clean, beautiful room and facility with our own balcony, and 2 spa treatments included in the stay. The staff were friendly and very professional. You couldn't want a better place for a relaxing, private, romantic get away.

• Liked — Cleanliness and the fabulous food! It was quiet but lots to do nearby.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

The Spa and Inn are spotlessly clean and the staff is very competent and friendly. The food was absolutely delicious and the portions very generous. The setting is very peaceful and lends itself to a very relaxing time, which we really had. For all that we received, I think the price was excellent. I couldn't recommend it higher.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

My husband and I have stayed at this property so many times we have lost count! It is a wonderful couples getaway! The staff is always courteous and friendly, and will go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The food is of the highest quality and everything is immaculately clean, even the spa. What we particularly like about this inn is that it does cater only to couples, and unlike other inns or B&B's, you do not have to interact with any of the other guests if you choose not to. It can be a completely private getaway, and a great opportunity to re-connect.

During the warmer months they have a nice pool, and all year round they have an outdoor hot tub. The amenities at the spa include a steam shower, jacuzzi, sauna, and workout room. Again, always very clean! The spa services are very relaxing.

We have never had any complaints. Overall, it is a great dollar value. Every time we leave there, we feel refreshed, energized, and relaxed! We recommend the inn as a special getaway to all of our friends.

• Liked — Cleanliness, relaxed atmosphere, value
  • Disliked — Liked it all
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 6 in Berkeley Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 79 reviews
Cacapon Resort State Park
Cacapon Resort State Park
#3 of 6 in Berkeley Springs
4.0 of 5 stars 121 reviews
BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs Inn
BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs In...
#2 of 6 in Berkeley Springs
Creekside Resort
Creekside Resort
#1 of 1 in Clearville
5.0 of 5 stars 9 reviews

Been to Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn? Share your experiences!