“Check your bill” 1 of 5 stars

Owner description: Business Closed
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Check your bill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband surprised me with a trip to Berkeley Springs for a massage for by birthday in October. We went to the Bath House and made a reservation for later that afternoon giving them a credit card to secure the time. Upon completion of the massage I decided to pay with a different credit card (BIG MISTAKE). When I received my bank statement I saw where the charge was deducted - I then received by credit card statement and got a duplicate charge. I immediately contacted The Bath House they assured me via email that credit was forthcoming. When this didn't happen I contacted them again they wouldn't return my call but sent an email again saying it would be corrected. I called back when I did not receive the credit and spoke to Nicole who was less than friendly she assured me she would check into it and call me back - still waiting. I then went to my bank and began the long painful process of disputing the charges. I tried once more to contact the Bath House and the Receptionist informed me that this was happening to several people and to just dispute it (which I had already done) and I would eventually get my money back. Well, it is now January 10th and I still have not received my refund. I feel this is an extremely unprofessional and an acceptable way to conduct business. On a positive note the masseuse was very nice and did a good job. It is just a shame that their business practices leave such a negative taste. Buyer BEWARE!!!!

Visited October 2013

Maryland
6 attraction reviews
“Best spa in Berkeley Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We've been to several spas, had several different treatments/therapies, but the best we have ever had were at The Bath House. The entire staff is professional, helpful, and a joy with which to work. We WILL go back!

Visited September 2013
bathouse, Owner at The Bath House, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us as well as your stay in Berkeley Springs. We hope you will visit us again.
Newark, DE
11 attraction reviews
“Nice spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We chose this place because it got great reviews and was rated #1. We were not disappointed. Everyone was very friendly and they had wine, cheese, strawberries and cherries to munch on while waiting for your massage. Mike is awesome if you like deep tissue massage and don't mind pressure on those trigger spots. My friend LInda had Laurie and said she was excellent too. We all said when we come back the next time we would go over to the Berkeley Springs Park and soak in the hot mineral baths first before our massage to loosen up our tight muscles.

Visited July 2013
bathouse, Manager at The Bath House, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our spa. It is very important to us that our guests relax and find a feeling of peace while they are here. A soak in the mineral springs at the park is a great thing to do before your next massage. It helps loosen the muscles so you get the total benefit from the massage.
We hope you will visit us again when you are in town.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I just recently returned home from a trip to Berkeley Springs. It's a nice small town to relax in. My boyfriend and I stayed at the Bath House where we enjoyed a couples massage. The suite above the Bath House is wonderful! Very big, apartment sized. Because most shops close by 5, it was great that the suite was equipped with a dvd player and two tvs. The owner and employees at the Bath House were very friendly and so helpful during our stay! I can't wait to try out some of the products we purchased at the shop before leaving. We are both looking forward to a return trip and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!

Visited June 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear that you both enjoyed your visit to Berkeley Springs and your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
57 attraction reviews
“Accomodations at The Bath House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I live in SW PA and have been travelling to Berkeley Springs for an annual T'ai Chi retreat which I organize. Eleven of the 12 years I've been doing this, I've stayed at The Bath House. The suites are lovely and the owner is very accomodating. The decor is charming, the suite very very clean, and the owner adds some comfort to your stay with comfy, fuzzy robes, coffees, wine, different soaps, and chocolates. These small amenities add to the stay. Please reserve if you are wanting a nice place to be. Plus, cooking facilities are available in the kitchen. Once parked, everything is within walking distance.

Visited May 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We love having your group with us each year. We look forward to your next visit.