“Great place for lunch!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bakery, Vegan, Vegetarian, Café
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: We have worked very hard to introduce to our menu mouth watering and unique traditional, deli, baked and grilled sandwiches, awesome salads, great side dishes, homemade soups and quiche. In addition we offer breakfast all day, and a extensive pastry selection!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great place for lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Before my spa retreat at Berkeley Springs State Park, I grabbed a bite to at Fairfax Coffee house which was right next door. It's a no frills coffee house. No fancy seats, no fancy pictures, no fancy music. Just a place to grab some good drinks and sandwiches. I had the chicken salad sandwich on a croissant and it was delicious! I would recommend if you need a quick, cheap lunch in town.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good coffee...poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were in Berkeley Springs this weekend and stopped in several times at the Fairfax coffee house. I would have given this shop an excellent review based on the coffee. In a town with no Starbucks I was a little worried as I am a coffee addict...but I was pleasantly surprised at the great quality of coffee. HOWEVER, on Friday night this shop was having live music at 7:00 p.m. and we went in for a quick coffee around 6:15. Many tables had reserved signs but we chose one that did not have a reserved sign and just after sitting down an older gentleman (I am assuming the owner) came over to us and said "I am going to need this table" it was soo rude. He didn't ask us how long we planned to stay, but I told him 5 mins. and he was okay with that but it was soo uncomfortable and made us feel very unwelcome. There were a hundred different ways this could have been handled and it put a sour taste in our mouth. If it wasn't the only place in town for good coffee I wouldn't have stepped in the place again.

Visited August 2013
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“weak chai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went here in the drizzle. Service was a little slow. Asked for extra strong chai and still weak..... Prices were average. Restroom could have used a scrub or two. Interest view out the window of Berkeley Springs.....watching folk standing in the rain taking pictures of where George Washington bathed......

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Nice local option for light lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Tasty sandwiches and wraps, & sides at reasonable prices. Good if you are not in a big hurry, as service seemed a little on the slow side. But it was worth the wait.

Visited August 2013
Washington, DC
“Too much?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had lunch in this little café and while the food was very good, the service was very, very slow. The place was pretty busy when we stopped. Perhaps there needs to be a new system implemented as the amount of business seemed to be too much for the staff to handle efficiently.

Visited June 2013