“I love this park!” 4 of 5 stars

Type: State Parks, Outdoors
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I love this park!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Every time I go to Berkeley Springs I make sure that I visit Cacapon State Park. The park is beautifully maintained and there are enough activities to keep the whole family entertained. My son loves to fish so he was perfectly happy with several options available to fish from. We tried the swimming area for the first time but found it to be mostly young kids ( my kids are older) and there was not a very big area to swim in. We all loved the hiking trail- we went on the "Central trail", It was very well marked and offered a moderate level terrain for walking. There are plenty of areas to picnic in although we did not.

Visited July 2013

VA
116 attraction reviews
“Lovely well-maintained State Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

A nice getaway. Many activities, family friendly. Helpful professional staff who like their jobs. Real Americana.

Visited July 2013
Wheaton, Illinois
24 attraction reviews
“good hike and Vista”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

we had a nice hike up the ridge trail. really enjoyed it. then we drove up to the Vista point. that was a great view! no admission to get in. swimming was a fee. very nice park

Visited June 2013
Wetumpka, AL
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful scenery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The park was absolutely gorgeous! We saw several deer and ground hogs during our 18 holes of golf. Just don't expect to use your cell phone during your trip.

Visited June 2013
Onset, Massachusetts
76 attraction reviews
“Love visiting here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stopped here on my way back from a Maryland event; I stop here often since I travel this road frequently. Love the park. I've only been here in the off-season, but it's wonderful to visit in the winter and spring. The lake is quiet and the hikes are great. Love the rock outcroppings and the historical markers. I do need to visit in high summer and see how busy the park is and to see all amenities that aren't normally open in the winter. Can be enjoyed by the whole family.

Visited January 2013