“Atasia was great!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 877-258-7888
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Atasia Spa is a full-service spa located in the middle of West Virginia's Town of Bath, one block from the Berkeley Springs State Park. Known for its spas, Berkeley Springs has many fine restaurants, B&Bs, hotels and shopping establishments - within walking distance of Atasia Spa.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Atasia was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I came here with my mom for my birthday, and I was really glad I did! The last time I was in Berkeley springs, I went to the state park for my massage and the spring bath, an the Bath House spa for a facial. I was able to do all of that at Atasia. The baths were much more modern and clean than the state park's, and they had jets! The woman who did my facial was so much better than at the Bath House spa, too. Last, I got a massage, and the whole atmosphere was just fantastic. I could never quite relax at the state park, but here I was totally zen. The staff was so great and accommodating the whole time, even after I was done and just waiting on my mom to finish her treatments. Plus the bathrobes were to die for, they were so comfortable! A++ job Atasia!

Alexandria, Virginia, USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best Spa in Berkeley Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've had a second home in Berkeley Springs for about 4 years and I periodically treat myself and friends to a spa day. Atasia was my first stop, and while I've tried other spas, it is by far the best in town! Everyone is so friendly and attentive and the atmosphere is calm and relaxing. I've pretty much tried every service over the years and have never been dissapointed. Regarding the review by "Evasoma", this person has no idea what they're taking about. Frankie Tan is an amazing therapist who is known regionally for his amazing massages. I'm pretty sure the reviewer is either a competitor trying to tarnish the reputation of the spa or is on drugs.

Visited July 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Massage. Really?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have always said that there is no such thing as a bad massage-some are just better than others. That was until I signed up for a massage with Mr. Tan. I have had many massages in many years by many different masseuses with varying degrees of experience in 2 countries. During my 90 minutes with Mr. Tan there was a lot of "rubbing and squeezing" and not much as far as true massage. There was way too much focus on my gluteus maximus and not enough in the areas with true tension. Bizzare and Yuck! I honestly could not wait for it to end and actually left more tense than before I arrived. Worst ever-even more than the gum cracking newbie I once experienced!!

Visited July 2013
Charles Town, West Virginia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A Relaxed Relaxing Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Though I can not consider myself an expert of spa experiences (my first message in about 4 years), both my wife and I greatly enjoyed our messages. In addition, my wife liked her facial and I had a nice 20 minute Jacuzzi Whirlpool Bath while she was getting her facial. The facilities were nice and clean and the staff that we experienced were professional and courteous, so what more can you ask for? Oh, I've paid more for a message before, so I'd have to say it was also reasonably priced. It's what I wanted and what I got!

Visited September 2013
Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great, peaceful, laid-back spa experience in Berkeley Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I got massages at Atasia this past weekend, and had a fantastic experience. We were tired out from travel and arrived a bit early. The host led us to a "serenity room" to relax before our massages, which was peaceful, comfortable, and low-key. We both very much enjoyed our massages - I got a swedish massage with Leslie, and my husband had a deep tissue massage with Pam. We have been to Berkeley Springs multiple times, and thought that these were great massages and a very good value. In all, Atasia is comfortable, very calming, and a great place to get a massage.

Visited September 2013