“Great view, great food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Great view, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We recently spent a weekend in Berkeley Springs and, having done my homework in advance, I knew that Panorama at the Peak was the place to have Sunday brunch. I emailed a reservation request and promptly heard back from Patti to confirm. We were seated by the window and enjoyed the incredible view. They had some seasonal specials that were not on the website menu so I ordered a savory veal pie, with ground veal, butternut squash, apples, and mushrooms, baked in a crock. It was fantastic! I also had the French Onion soup based on other reviewers' notes that it was also delicious. Hubby had the Portabella Florentine Eggs Benedict. We enjoyed entertainment by acoustic guitarist Larry Bish. Our server, Lauren, was very attentive. Although I couldn't order the Bloody Mary when we first arrived, based on West Virginia alcohol laws on Sundays, Lauren was happy to bring me one after 1:00 when the law allowed. I would definitely return to Panorama at the Peak if I'm ever back in Berkeley Springs, and based on how we enjoyed our weekend there, we definitely hope to return.

• Visited November 2013

Maryland
“The Food is as Good as the View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Many "view is great" restaurants can disappoint with their food. Not so here. The owners are committed to local and organic food -- and the Chef lives up to their expectations. The menu changes frequently to reflect the seasons.

I've eaten here a number of times since the current owners took over several years ago and I can say without reservation (but you should make them) that the meals are always exceptionally delicious. Carnivores and vegans alike can find something to enjoy. Their butternut squash soup is so good I took some home even though my lunch entree was too much to include food. Service is also attentive -- even when, as during my last visit, a several very large groups came in for lunch.

Panorama is worth a destination visit -- and certainly if you are visiting anyplace near Berkeley Springs.

• Visited October 2013
Galena Ohio
“Great Food, Nice view.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and Stopped at the Panorama at the Peak Restaurant on Sunday 9/29/13 and are glad we did.
We were staying overnite at the local Best Western.
I read a brochure I found in our room from this place.
I was intriqued at decided to check out the place. I am glad I did.
The view from the parking lot and the restaurant is awsome and beautiful.
The food is superb. My wife had pecan crusted chicken. I had flank steak. The entrees and side dishes were excellent.
The hostess and server were friendly and attentive.
I did not have a reservation and was served without any trouble.

• Visited September 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Wonderful meal, worth the wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My Husband and I dined here during a weekend trip to the mountains. So unfortunate that even with a great table- the fog was so thick that day, we could barely see our car across the street!
Food was amazing! My Husband had the french onion soup that was so good, he shared it with me. Perfect caramelized onions in a rich broth. The bread and gooey cheese made it perfect. We then shared a salad of toasted nuts and watercress. My turkey croquettes were so good. Mashed potato's and squash casserole completed the meal. John had the savory veal pie and loved it. I would suggest reservations, as we sat in the bar for awhile. Worth the wait. There was a man playing guitar and singing (mostly James Taylor) in the dining room. Nice treat.

• Visited October 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“The View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Enjoyed the meal, appreciated the service. wished for a viewable
sunset. But always ask for window table and do make a reservation in advance

Visited October 2013