“Consistently great, and they make the BEST veggie burger!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Vegan, American
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Panorama at the Peak is made unique by our dedication to amazing local, organic Appalachian cuisine on Capacon Mountain with views unlike any other! We're a restaurant with a knockout view that's completely dedicated to the tradition of good, whole food. We work within our regional food systems and most of the farms that grow and supply our food are within a 65-mile radius of Panorama at the Peak. To us, it's simple - the fresher the food, the better it tastes! When we can't get it local, we buy USA organic. And if we can't get it local or organic? We don't serve it. Each item on our menu is made from whole, not processed, food and we know each ingredient by heart. Whether you're vegan, gluten-free, or allergic to certain foods, we can cheerfully accommodate you! Our menu is always changing, a reflection of what is freshest each day. Guest favorites include our signature Dad's Perfect Rueben, Pan Fried Trout, and crisp Kale Salad! It's Panorama's commitment to innovative cuisine that has awarded us a place on WV Executive's 15 favorite restaurants in the state and Slow Food DC's Snail of Approval. Of course, none of this would be possible without a thoughtful staff that is dedicated to fantastic service and an unforgettable experience for each guest. Call today to make your reservation to enjoy a wonderful meal made from local, organic ingredients and accompanied by unbelievable views of the iconic Overlook in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia!
Maryland
“Consistently great, and they make the BEST veggie burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We live over two hours away from the restaurant, and every chance I get I make sure that my travel plans take me here. I came here alone, with friends and family, and always received with great service and exceptionally good food. I like the locally grown and green concept that does translate to the plate. Everything is fresh and tasty. I recommend the soups, the quiche (on Sundays), and I will say this: they make the best veggie burger I ever had. I'm not an avid vegetarian, but I do prefer plant-based foods. When I was served the veggie burger for the first time I thought they accidentally gave me a real one. The consistency and the taste was like no other veggie burger I ever had before. The view alone is worth the trip, but don't forget to eat!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Donegal;PA
“Good comfort food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Nice little restaurant with a great view across the road. The menu had some very good home cooking type meals (Turkey Croquettes). The waitress explained how they use a lot of locally grown food and the "Green" concept for the restaurant. All in all the food was good, prices fairly reasonable. The restaurant itself is quite so it is a little dated but that actually adds to the charm.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Special Occasion Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Wonderful food, ala cart, expensive, but always good and very nice staff - great for special occasions

WASHINGTON, DC
“Serves up imaginative, locally-sourced food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

For years I have come to the restaurant in this location so I can gaze again at one of the mid-Atlantic's prettiest, so-far unchanging, natural panoramic views. You can't really see much of the view once you are inside the restaurant, mind you, but arrive early to take it in, then cross the road to the restaurant and you will have the best food in Berkley Springs. The restaurant changed ownership a few years back and the owner has really transformed the kitchen to something pretty wonderful. The dishes are imaginative and the food all locally-sourced. The wines are good and the service attentive. My only wish is that one day the transformation will move to the main dining room decor, which is odd, at best. But with good friends and food, you can look past all that and have a lovely meal.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Middle Village, New York, United States
“Old Style Dining.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Upscale and standard menu, this was a very nice place to dine. The ride their is also an adventure and the view magnificent. Lovely staff gave us the history of the place.

Visited May 2011