We just got back from a four night stay at Cacapon State Park. We stayed in cabin #9 which is a standard cabin with a bath with shower and kitchen with a stove, 'frig and utensils but without a microwave and dishwasher. This was a classic log cabin with a beautiful stone fireplace (see pictures).
The park staff lovingly maintains these CCC vintage cabins and makes certain that there is plenty of firewood on hand. If making a fire is not on the agenda, the main cabin room has a window air conditioner/heater for climate control. The bath is functional with towels and the requisite indoor plumbing including a shower. Housekeeping occurs only between guest stays with the exception of self-serve linen changes that are available twice a week.
There is no TV or WiFi. Internet access is only possible via wireless broadband if you absolutely must be connected.
Cacapon is a great place to find nature. Wildlife abounds around the cabin with birds (Pileated Woodpeckers) and deer conspicous outside your cabin door as well as numerous hiking opportunities. There is an excellent golf course nearby and a swimming lake open in the summer time. The nearby lodge has good American comfort food/drink. Berkeley Springs with its history, arts and waters is nine mile up the road.
If you want to get away from the madness that is DC or Baltimore and don't want to drive more than two hours away, check it out. A stay here just could be an annual ritual and the memory of a lifetime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golf course and lodge located in a state park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park