We were here the weekend after Thanksgiving. Lodge was fairly full, food and service was good and friendly. Room was small, very clean, bed extremely comfortable, but really needed remodeling to make better use of space and eliminate tacky stuff - especially clunky table/chair set and pipe insulation used as safety padding.
WV state parks can get boring in the off-season or when the weather is bad. Was disappointed that the road to the park's top scenic attraction (Cacapon Overlook) is closed all winter. Would also be great if every WV state park had an indoor pool and spa. Cacapon has pool table, arcades, and a reading room - but an indoor pool and spa (readily available at many chains on the interstate) is a priority with our family.
Very nice place in the winter for a night or two. Would have stayed longer if there was more to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golf course and lodge located in a state park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park