We'd been to Cacapon about 15 years ago, staying in one of the rustic cabins. We decided to go back and hike in the park. We had a great time. The park is beautiful. We walked around the swimming and picnic area. It is well laid out, plenty of room for games and the family cookout. We did the wobble trap shooting and had a blast. The overlook where you can see the 4 states was really pretty.Many nice hiking trails ranging from easy to very difficult.
The lodge was built in (I believe) the 1930's so you have to expect the room would be small. They were, and very well maintained. I had no problems with my room. They are planning a big 76 room addition in the future. We had wonderful food at both dinner and breakfast (no buffet, ordered off the menu). The one problem I saw was the very slow internet connection in the common room. Rates are reasonable. We would stay there again.
We don't golf, but many people who stayed there were golfers. They have a full 18 hole course and a nice golf club house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golf course and lodge located in a state park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park