My wife and I stay at a cottage on the Cacapon River every year. This year the river was a raging torrent due to heavy rain in the area. We were looking for another place to fish, and stumbled on the lake at the front of the Cacapon State Park. First of all, the park was clean and well cared for. The restrooms were spotless, despite being outside. The staff at the boathouse were courteous and helpful. The fishing was great! For a small lake, my wife and I caught several largemouth bass between 1 1/2 to 5 pounds over 2 days. We were using artificial baits, ( I'm not going to say which) and we had to work for them, but no one around us was doing much good with natural bait. I would recommend to anyone who has the patience to work the lake, the bass are plentiful, but finicky. Switch baits often and try different techniques.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golf course and lodge located in a state park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park