Family has been going to Cacapon for sixty years. We take a number of cabins for a week, and do very little productive (unless naps, reading, drinking, golfing, siting by the lake, talking, and eating are productive).
The cabins aren't luxury by any means, but they're air conditioned and the bathrooms have been updated (I remember the old concrete showers). There are no dishwashers, and in the newest cabins, the ADA height sink can make the dishwasher's back hurt.
The golf course is top notch, and I always seem to up my game. A not to walkers though, as the course sits at the feet of Cacapon Mountain, it's quite hilly.
I haven't stayed in a lodge room, but my brother and 8-month pregnant sister-in-law did. Their only complaint was that the slope of the ceiling made one side of the bed tight.
All in all, Cacapon is perfect for what we use it for, an opportunity to get away (although cell service now extends into the park) and enjoy some down time.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golf course and lodge located in a state park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.