We pulled into the Lodge at the State Park after a day of traveling in the rain. The warm welcome by the staff, the friendly chatter and their wish to please us made our check in (without reservations) very smooth. We went into the great room and truly appreciated the fireplace that was in use! Our room (20) was on the second floor, overlooked the golf course, was perfect for these travel weary people. Unfortunately for us, our cell phone did not work at the Lodge but the in room phone charges for long distance were reasonable. While the accommodations are not cutting edge, they are exactly what you would expect from a well kept state park lodge. The flat screen TV and the in room wifi are nice to haves, although the wifi can use a bit of a boost. By the way, we had tons of HOT water!
We wandered down to dinner on site and had a decent choice of wines and meals. My crab cake was the best I'd had in ages, I thought I was on the Atlantic coastline!
Will be back as soon as possible and will definitely be back after the scheduled updates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golf course and lodge located in a state park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park