We stayed in the lodge. This is a state park venue - so don't expect the Ritz - but the staff was terrific. Very friendly and responsive, open to suggesting places to eat etc. Rooms were tight but clean. The hot water issue is for real - ask for a room nearest the hot water heater, and you'll be fine. The rooms at the end of the bldg are farther away and you can wait fifteen minutes or opt for a cold shower. The restaurant is a tough sell, even for a state run facility. There are places in town with excellent food. Golf was outstanding, hiking trails lovely, mountains lovely, fishing was great in the swimming lake down the road. Low key operation with well-maintained grounds. People couldn't have been nicer. Storm knocked out the internet in the whole valley, which allowed us to relax and enjoy the scenery. Kick back, slow down, and you'll have a nice time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golf course and lodge located in a state park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park