I traveled in mid week in April. There were very few cars in the parking lot and few people in the hotel. I was surprised that I was given a room with a view of a roof (with the mountains behind it). I had asked for mountain view and to be fair you could see the mountain.
Room 7 had a queen and single bed. It was very small with only a few feet around the beds. The queen was pushed under a roof over hang so that you could not get out on that side of the bed without crawling to the bottom of the bed.
The hotel is older but well maintained and very clean.
The web site said that horse back riding was available during the week by arrangement and for some reason they pointed out where the stables were when I checked in. When I asked about making arrangements they told riding was only available on weekends. There was no information about the hotel in the room or provided.
I was told the restaurant was open from 8-10 for breakfast and 5-8 for dinner. It was open on Thursday for lunch as well. I ordered crab cake dinner for $20. The crab cakes were good and well cooked - crispy on the outside and moist on inside. The Spanish rice was gooy. There were no onion or bell peppers in the rice. The corn and beans mix was covered with some kind of oil - I couldn't decide if it was butter or not.
It is a beautiful setting a lot of creeks, falls and lakes. There are a number of hiking trails, fishing, and golfing. There is a lovely back porch complete with rocking chairs running along the back of the lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golf course and lodge located in a state park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park