“Great Girlfriends Get-Away!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
234 Fairfax Street, Berkeley Springs, WV 25411   |
Arcadia, Florida
“Great Girlfriends Get-Away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

A friend and I traveled to Berkeley Springs recently and stayed at Manor Inn. Ellen was a fantastic hostess. At night, she had homemade lavender shortbread cookies one night and fudge the next. The breakfasts were so wonderful! She served them out on the big front porch. The B&B is located just a short uphill walk from the downtown area. In town, we had some excellent meals at places Ellen recommended plus did the Roman bath and massages at Berkeley State Park. There's a great little antique mall on the other end of the street from the B&B too. They have a common sitting room where my friend and I played cards both evenings We'd definitely stay here again. Fun, fun trip!

Room Tip: If you are going on a girlfriends' vacation, the corner room had 2 comfortable beds. If you hav...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed at another inn down the street which is owned by the same couple. I can honestly say that this was the best experience I've ever had at a B and B. Ellen, the owner, was so gracious and friendly. She seemed very happy to have all of the guests. The only problem was that her food was too good -- practically addictive. She cooks with passion and you can taste the love in her food. She also makes excellent vegan food. Ask her about her lavender shortbread cookies!!! If you go to Berkley Springs, this is where you should stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite on the third floor of the Inn on Fairfax. It has a little kitchen and an offi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Newton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed at the Manor Inn B&B for five nights and I really didn't want to leave! I have never felt so much at home at any other place I have stayed for vacation. Ellen and Wesley are the most wonderful hosts and are so down to earth and caring soles. When it came time for me to go home, I felt as if I have known them all my life and I was sad to leave. Ellen's knack for making a tasty and healthy breakfast is truly a gift that she has. Wesley's humorous side will always keep a smile on your face. The house...what can I say but...Awesome! It is simply this...spotless and beautifully filled with antiques. It brought back so many memories of my grandmother's home when I was a child. I shared an upstairs space with my girlfriend whom I was traveling with. We each had our own bedroom which was separated by a sitting room and a bathroom. It was like we had our own little apartment...so cool. There were also two other bedrooms and a bath down the hall for other guests. All the rooms are really wonderful to look at. I can't get over how each room is decorated with such detail right down to the doilies and vintage embroidered table linens. I will be back to Berkeley Springs someday...even if it is just to visit with Ellen and Wesley and be guests in their beautiful home. You can not go wrong staying here and that is for sure!

Room Tip: Two couples or friends traveling together can share the upstairs space complete with separate bedroo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We have stayed at the Manor Inn twice while biking from Pittsburgh to Washington DC on the trail. The place is fantastic, and Ellen is the best! She picked us up at the bike shop in Hancock after a full day of biking and took us to the B&B. She made a great suggestion for dinner, and of course breakfast on the wrap-around porch the next day was amazing. Ellen even gave us a ride back to the trail after breakfast.

FYI, the bike shop in Hancock will store your bike overnight if you get there before 6pm. You can't do better than the Manor Inn!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Sewickley, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

"Visiting with Friends" - that is how it felt throughout our weekend with Wesley and Ellen. Such gracious hosts, delicious food and an absolutely beautiful home! This was our second trip to the Inn and God willing, many more to come! If you stay anywhere in Berkley Springs, make it The Manor Inn, you will feel refreshed, well-fed, relaxed and planning for the next trip! Thank you again Wesley and Ellen, we will be back soon!

Karl and Debby Mueller
Sewickley, PA

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Our first ever trip to Berkeley Springs was 10X's more wonderful due to the kindness and hospitality of our inn-keepers, Wesley and Ellen. The place was clean and comfortable with an open and easy air that is sometimes non-existent in the typical cramped and overly-floral B&B's of the modern world. Ellen served us incredible breakfast's every morning and accommodated our food allergies to a T with grace and consideration. We will definitely stay here again!
PS: the fireplace was awesome! Great place to play games, and do puzzles (don't we know it)!

Room Tip: Large groups - custom suite. Couples - front room. Corner room is cute, too. Creaky wood just adds...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

The Manor Inn at Berkely Springs, West Virginia, is where you must stay when going to West Virginia. The house was absolutely gorgeous and the people were so friendly. Ellen is so great and makes an amazing breakfast! She sent me on my way with a huge zip lock bag full of clementines :) I have never had such an amazing B&B experience! You will even get free computer help! Wesley helped me with spyware on my computer and told me about awesome new computer applications. You will feel so welcome at the Manor Inn that you will feel like family and will not want to leave. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to stay at the Manor Inn. I felt completely at home. The rooms are very comfortable as well. You must try it out and see for yourself! You will NOT be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!