“Home Sweet Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
234 Fairfax Street, Berkeley Springs, WV 25411   |
Newton, North Carolina
“Home Sweet Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed at the Manor Inn B&B for five nights and I really didn't want to leave! I have never felt so much at home at any other place I have stayed for vacation. Ellen and Wesley are the most wonderful hosts and are so down to earth and caring soles. When it came time for me to go home, I felt as if I have known them all my life and I was sad to leave. Ellen's knack for making a tasty and healthy breakfast is truly a gift that she has. Wesley's humorous side will always keep a smile on your face. The house...what can I say but...Awesome! It is simply this...spotless and beautifully filled with antiques. It brought back so many memories of my grandmother's home when I was a child. I shared an upstairs space with my girlfriend whom I was traveling with. We each had our own bedroom which was separated by a sitting room and a bathroom. It was like we had our own little apartment...so cool. There were also two other bedrooms and a bath down the hall for other guests. All the rooms are really wonderful to look at. I can't get over how each room is decorated with such detail right down to the doilies and vintage embroidered table linens. I will be back to Berkeley Springs someday...even if it is just to visit with Ellen and Wesley and be guests in their beautiful home. You can not go wrong staying here and that is for sure!

Room Tip: Two couples or friends traveling together can share the upstairs space complete with separate bedroo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We have stayed at the Manor Inn twice while biking from Pittsburgh to Washington DC on the trail. The place is fantastic, and Ellen is the best! She picked us up at the bike shop in Hancock after a full day of biking and took us to the B&B. She made a great suggestion for dinner, and of course breakfast on the wrap-around porch the next day was amazing. Ellen even gave us a ride back to the trail after breakfast.

FYI, the bike shop in Hancock will store your bike overnight if you get there before 6pm. You can't do better than the Manor Inn!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Sewickley, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

"Visiting with Friends" - that is how it felt throughout our weekend with Wesley and Ellen. Such gracious hosts, delicious food and an absolutely beautiful home! This was our second trip to the Inn and God willing, many more to come! If you stay anywhere in Berkley Springs, make it The Manor Inn, you will feel refreshed, well-fed, relaxed and planning for the next trip! Thank you again Wesley and Ellen, we will be back soon!

Karl and Debby Mueller
Sewickley, PA

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Our first ever trip to Berkeley Springs was 10X's more wonderful due to the kindness and hospitality of our inn-keepers, Wesley and Ellen. The place was clean and comfortable with an open and easy air that is sometimes non-existent in the typical cramped and overly-floral B&B's of the modern world. Ellen served us incredible breakfast's every morning and accommodated our food allergies to a T with grace and consideration. We will definitely stay here again!
PS: the fireplace was awesome! Great place to play games, and do puzzles (don't we know it)!

Room Tip: Large groups - custom suite. Couples - front room. Corner room is cute, too. Creaky wood just adds...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

The Manor Inn at Berkely Springs, West Virginia, is where you must stay when going to West Virginia. The house was absolutely gorgeous and the people were so friendly. Ellen is so great and makes an amazing breakfast! She sent me on my way with a huge zip lock bag full of clementines :) I have never had such an amazing B&B experience! You will even get free computer help! Wesley helped me with spyware on my computer and told me about awesome new computer applications. You will feel so welcome at the Manor Inn that you will feel like family and will not want to leave. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to stay at the Manor Inn. I felt completely at home. The rooms are very comfortable as well. You must try it out and see for yourself! You will NOT be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Seabrook, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

The only negative thing I can say about our stay at the Manor Inn, is that it was too short. My husband and I at the last minute decided to do a quick over night getaway. When I spoke with Ellen she was so nice and pleasant on the phone, I knew this was the right place to stay. From the very beginning it was the simple touches that made us feel so welcome. How nice to see a welcome sign with our names on it, right before entering what I thought was one of the most beautiful Victorian homes I've seen. Everything was so warm and inviting, especially Ellen and her husband Wesley. The first thing Ellen did was make a cozy fire in the parlor, which was my husbands favorite room. Our room was very comfortable with bright and airy windows and the gourmet breakfast was great. We can't wait to visit again, but a little longer next time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

We've stayed at many B&Bs, and especially liked this one because of the friendly hosts. They sat and ate breakfast with us while we chatted as if we were old friends. And, there was plenty of chocolate to be found here and there! The house is beautiful and it's just two blocks from downtown Berkeley Springs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!