“Not a bad place just staff does not realy care” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Sugarcreek, Ohio
“Not a bad place just staff does not realy care”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I think the staff could have been better trained. I came to the desk and asked for my reserved suite when i went to the room it was only big enough for one queen bed. I returned to the front deck and complained she said it was the only thing they had. She didn't offer to come up with a solution. When i said i would have to call corporate another lady came around the corner and asked the young lady at the front desk what kind of room i had reserved and she said a suite but all the suits the refrigerator was broken at that point i said no problem i will take it. I noticed that every time i need something the staff was out back smoking not a very good example since it is a smoke free hotel. I just think the staff didn't care much... With a little care and costumer service training... They will give their guest a better experience. They also did not know how to use a different credit card that the room was reserved under

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have to say the hotel was a pleasant stop along our journey to the beach. The rooms are small but it is a "micro"tel. Room was very clean and I loved that it's a smoke free facility. The shower is ok, but they only offer you a bar of soap. Old school tv's in the room but really who cares. Seriously a tv is a tv. Breakfast was good, bagel cereal juice and yogurt was my selections. I will stay again next year.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenville South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I think the staff could have been better trained. I came to the desk and asked for a room with flat screen TV... The front desk clerk i believe her name was Sam told me the flat screens are only in the suites... She didn't offer to come up with a solution because apparently I was looking to get a room with a flat screen after checking in and going right back to the desk to inquire about another TV... The HBO channel had no sound... I just think the staff didn't care much... Only person i would say cared a bit was the night audit lady they got her out the bed to help split my bill... With a little care and costumer service training... They will give their guest a better experience

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

First impression of this hotel was very positive. Paint and carpet were spotless. Everything looked clean and new and a pleasant odor filled the air. Staff seemed happy to be there. Room was small but that's to be expected from the chain. First problem was TV remote that didn't work. I was transferred to another room. Late at night I started hearing loud stomping noises from the room above me and that continued till morning. Interrupted my sleep several times. Good thing I was awake since I didn't hear my alarm go off. I set it to "wake to alarm" but the volume of the alarm was apparently set to the volume of the radio. Ironically, the alarm I had set in the other room was blaring so loud I could hear it from the hallway. Breakfast was simple but nice, with name brand cereal and yogurt. Note that Huddle House across the street was closed as of 7/8/14.

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor since noise carries from upper to lower floors.