“Recent Stay was good.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Beckley
Elkview, West Virginia
“Recent Stay was good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Motel was clean. Staff was very helpful. Dollar General next door. Close to food , and shopping. Pool was clean. Breakfast was good had typical breakfast but was fresh and was put out immediately when run out. Had a good time. Suite, had TV< microwave, fridge, and pull out couch bed. (did not use it.)

Room Tip: Room was on second floor it was quiet there.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
rkveton, Operations at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks. We appreciate you choosing us while in the Beckley area, and hope to see you again! Safe travels!

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lewisburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

All was as expected with my stay except for teh very noisy and obnoxious skiers that came in around 11:00 PM one evening. They stomped down the hallway; had room doors open so that you could hear the laughing, phone calls, and spirited conversation in their foreign language; left the security latch so that the children could go from room to room wothout their key cards which meant the children would bang the doors everytime they went in and out which was quite often; trashed the halls, elevator, and their rooms. I did call out from my door that people were trying to sleep and could they be quiet. Out came a man in his long underwear and laughed and went back in his room saying people were trying to sleep - more laughter;I then called down to front desk. The clerk was very apologetic and said they would take care of it right away. The people quieted down just a bit and then started up intermittently for another hour or so. By then I was wide awake and sat on the bathroom floor reading so I would not disturb my very ill sleeping husband who had just spent 29 days in two hospitals near death. The next morning I spoke with the manager and clerks on duty about the incident and explained all that took place. They were mortified. Manager took a measley $15 off my second night stay. Too tired and angry to fuss more. Because of my DH's doctor visits in the area, we will have to stay several more times over the next few months. Hope we do not run into this problem again. Otherwise staff is always very friendly and helpful and rooms are always clean and neat as is the rest of hotel. Breakfast is merely a continental and since we are country folks we like a bigger breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

rkveton, Operations at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do want to apologize for the noise you experienced while staying with us. I am glad to hear our staff took immediate action once they were notified, but very sorry you were already awake at that time. As someone that can not go back to sleep once awake, I can honestly say I understand how you must of felt. I do hope you will give us the opportunity in the future for that restful night sleep you expected. We hope to see you again and wish you safe travels!
Charlotte NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I went up to see his family right after Christmas. We left out from the hotel to go by and see his family again before we left. It wasn't too far away and we stopped by to stay a little while longer before we left the street. As we all sat around the kitchen table, I looked down to see what time it was on my watch and I jumped up and screamed "OMG!!!!! I left my watch and necklace at the hotel!!!!!!"

I immediately called the hotel. It had been about 30 minutes. I really didn't think it would be there because it was my diamond Bulova watch and my diamond Angel bracelet I just got for Christmas from my hubby!!! They said they would go and check. I waited about 10 minutes and they hadn't called back. So, I nevously called back and asked if they found it. The General Manager got on the phone and said, "Your husband must love you because this is THE WATCH & THE NECKLACE"!!!!

I was so thankful and so appreciative for their honesty, that I had to give a reward of some kind and they wouldn't take it....but I said I was going to buy the staff lunch, and I was happy about that!!!

So, if you want a hotel that is clean and has honest emplyees..., this is the place!!! Thanks again Microtel Beckley East! We will be back!!! ~The Harveys

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your review and for the lunch for our staff. It always does me good to hear our guests compliments regarding our hotel and staff. We thank you for staying with us and letting others know how pleased and now confident you are with us. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you safe travels!
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My family and I enjoyed our stay. The service was great. Location was very convenient for access to interstate on my return home to NC. The room was very clean .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our hotel. As I have stated in previous reviews, it is always nice to read the "good stuff"... We appreciate you taking the time out to complete this review and I will be sure to pass on to our staff. We hope to see you again and wish you safe travels!

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East? Share your experiences!