“Very nice facility!! I'd come again!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Beckley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Beckley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The rooms are very nice as is the staff. It is just they are overworked and details get lost in the mix. I made the reservation for the room for someone else. When we got to the hotel, they took the credit card from the guest (my friend) and ran it. BUT they ended up charging my credit card for the room. I was told it would be fixed FOUR times over a month and credited back to my account. It never was. I had to then go to my friend and ask for it back. It put me in an awkward situation as I don't take credit cards and she didn't have the cash to give me back. Still waiting to get paid for a room I didn't sleep in. Learned a hard lesson.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

rkveton, Director of Operations at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Betty B - Thank you for your comments. I do apologize for the awkward situation we put you in with your friend. We have made a lot of changes since your visit and I would ask you send me an email through TripAdvisor so we can correct the problem you experienced. I will also tell you we are training and retraining our staff to make sure issues like these won't continue.
Western Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was a good hotel stay. Yes, the room is small and the breakfast is basic, but for the price, it is was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We stayed at 5 hotels on this trip and this was by far the cheapest, but was one of the three good ones.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
rkveton, Director of operations at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
G4VTX - I am happy you were very pleased with your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you hitting our the most important key point of mine, or anyone's stay, and that is "cleanliness". Our staff takes great pride and ownership in our hotel and that is why we are able to offer this service. We are very proud of our team and look for only positive posts in the future. Thank you again for your compliments! Safe travels!
Grove City, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on October 14th. Having never stayed here before, we knew only that it was part of the Wyndham group, a reputable conglomerate. We booked based on that and the very reasonable pricing. On route to the hotel I decided to look at the reviews. They were not favorable, we had second thoughts, however we were arriving very late and decided to at least check it out. Upon arriving we found the parking lot very well lit and the staff at the front desk very friendly and accommodating. We had a single room with queen bed. First impression was the small size of the room but it was very clean. It was small but we felt it to be very cozy almost like a cabin on a cruise ship. The bed was comfortable, room was clean and our comfort level was great. The next morning when I went down for a quick breakfast, I was immediately impressed by the variety they offered as most continental breakfasts are limited. I then saw the manager at the front desk speaking with his staff. I introduced myself and was greeted by a very nice professional man who presented himself extremely well. I was sharing my positive thoughts with him and had the pleasure of meeting the head of housekeeping, a pleasant and professional young lady. They were both very proud of the measures they have taken (new management staff). Unfortunately they had inherited quite a mess from the previous staff. I was struck by the pride they both demonstrated in having made great strides in such a short time. As long as the management and staff are in place going forward, I highly recommend staying there. Truly a great hotel, clean, affordable and safe. I would choose a slightly smaller room over a high priced, dirty, unsafe and or neglected hotel any day!! My highest compliments to the manager Teddy and his wonderful staff, keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Enjoy a clean affordable stay
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lori M - What a wonderful review, thank you! We are undergoing some major changes here and I am so glad it is being noticed. Both Teddy and Kim, as well as all of our staff now seem to take great pride in their positions. Your comments prove that we as a company, have made all the right moves in taking this property to the next level. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again. Safe travels!

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East? Share your experiences!