“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
WV
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Very nice hotel....room was clean...would stay at again. Very friendly staff...close to the interstate too. Never ate there but it did look like it would have a good selection...free coffee in the lobby and in the rooms as well definitely a newer place.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Akron, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The hotel is clean and updated in both the lobby/halls, rooms and bathroom. There was fresh popcorn and coffee in the lobby. The layout of the rooms worked well for kids having their space and tv while my husband and I had our own. Pillows were nice but beds a little hard. There is no free breakfast but there's a microwave and mini fridge in room for your own food and a resteraunt downstairs. The noise from room above seemed loud at times, but we were able to sleep well with the fan we brought for white noise. We would stay here again if in the area.

Stayed August 2014
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Perfect location for rafting. The hotel was very clean and also offered room service. That was a nice surprise. Also, the hotel had a bar. The hotel location is very conveniently located off I-77. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I do not have one thing to complain about with this hotel. I must say that we had a wonderful experience and the AIR CONDITIONING worked perfectly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

A friend booked this hotel for me last week and I was a bit nervous because I had never been to West Virginia and Holiday Inn is not at the top of my list when looking for accommodations but I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The décor is very contemporary and welcoming. There is a really nice indoor pool, a restaurant in the facility and the staff was pretty decent. My room was very clean and I actually didn't have anything to complain about which is unusual. The only thing that would detour me from staying here again is the fact that I got sick while I was in the room itself and I believe it may have been from mold in the room or a dirty ac unit. Other than that everything was great and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

As usual, this hotel met my expectations. I have stayed here numerous times on my way South. The staff is always accommodating and friendly. I've had my family stay here and the staff has always managed to upgrade them if a room was available.
The restaurant is good and the wait staff is friendly.

I will continue to stop here. Thanks again for a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I read the Tripadvisor reviews before booking this hotel. The only negatives I could find were that the service could be a little lacking at times. Unfortunately, this was the case at check out. It seems that Stephanie Hall, the front desk person on duty, does not know how guests can immediately review hotel staff that give surly and unpleasant service. My husband and I needed to get on the road early so we planned on leaving the hotel at 7:00 am. We could have done so with a nice hot cup of coffee from the complimentary coffee bar that is directly across and in view of the front desk. Upon asking Stephanie, who was not waiting on other guests, she responded rather glumly, "In a minute" and then proceeded to straighten every paper and paper clip on the desk. She then shuffled over, got the one and only empty coffee carafe and disappeared. After waiting for 5 minutes, I walked to the kitchen and asked the nice and pleasant wait staff for coffee. They were very accommodating. I did view Stephanie leaning against a counter talking to some of the house keepers who were by the way both drinking hot steaming cups of coffee. After reviewing other guests comments, the management team needs to straighten out the front desk.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stopped here for one night on our way from Minnesota to North Carolina. It is a very nice hotel - very modern lobby, clean rooms, and polite front desk staff. We ended up eating dinner in the restaurant and the options were a little expensive. The breakfast buffet was also pricey but it was well-stocked. For the price of this hotel, it would be nice to have breakfast included. We enjoyed the pool, which was a good temperature for the kids. Our beds were comfy. We would stay here again if coming through Beckley.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley? Share your experiences!