Beckley is the midpoint between where family lives so we have made several trips in the past. This was the second time at this Holiday Inn and will likely be the last at this hotel. The desk and housekeeping staff were pleasant but the rest of the experience was less than expected. We regularly stay at a Holiday Inn as one of our preferred hotels because of the consistent quality of the facilities and service. Nothing was what I would call terrible but more just not what I would expect. There was a lot of snow while we were there but it did not seem that it was well treated by the doors and in the drop off areas. It was difficult to find an open space to park as we arrived late and it appeared the hotel was near capacity. We stayed in a 2 room suite due to having our grandchildren, and needed space for them but the living room area was extremely small although the sleeping area was roomy. We have stayed in other hotels with suites that were more roomy in the living area. One of the reasons that we choose this hotel was for the indoor pool and spa. The pool water was extremely cold which only allowed us to be in the pool for a very short time until we were all too cold to enjoy. The spa did not turn on and had towels floating in it when we went down as well as a layer of foam with a very unattractive color to it so we could not use that either. We went to breakfast each morning and went later on the first morning but it was very busy and the buffet was not well maintained with food. We had to go back for some items when they were finally stocked. The second morning we went early and the waitress we had was different but not very attentive and gave me a coffee caraffe but never brought me a coffee cup. The wait staff seemed very overwhelmed. The food was acceptable but service was a little slow. We were a little disappointed when we talked after checking out and will choose one of the other hotels in the area on our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Beckley WV Hotel Welcomes you to a WV Vacation Paradise Discover the wild beauty and storied history of southern West Virginia when you stay at the smoke free Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Beckley WV. Ideally located off I-77 our Beckley hotel is close to the area's major attractions and businesses. Families enjoy our location because it provides easy access for their WV vacation. The Exhibition Coal Mine and Coal Heritage Trail are both nearby and offer a glimpse of West Virginia's coal mining past. The Tamarack is just a mile from our hotel. West Virginia also boasts the best world-class white-water rafting in the eastern US. After a day on New River's Class III-V rapids you'll be thankful for a Beckley hotel with a hot tub. Our indoor pool features an ADA-accessible lift; just another one of our Beckley hotel's thoughtful amenities. Business guests know that lodging in our Beckley hotel means convenient access to the adjacent Mountaineer Conference Center as well as the I.R.S. and Federal Court. Free high-speed Internet access and a business center make it easy to do business while on the road. We also offer 1150 sq. ft. of meeting space with conference and catering services. When you're looking for lodging in Beckley, think of Holiday Inn. As a family friendly hotel we feature a game room and a full-service restaurant where kids under 12 eat for free. Book your reservations for a WV vacation. Relax it's Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Beckley
- Holiday Inn Beckley
- Beckley Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel Beckley