“The best place to stay in Beckley” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 15 hotels in Beckley
Englewood, Florida
“The best place to stay in Beckley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed there last year and was very impressed. Very friendly and helpful staff. We went back this year and everything was great except for Kems, the on site restaurant. food was not up to the standards of the year before and the meal was not good. This was a disappointment since we paid the more than the average hotel room rate in Beckely We chose the Holiday Inn because of Kems and were unhappy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband and I were traveling back to Ohio from South Carolina in early Jan.and looked online for a place to stay. We have stayed many different places in Beckley and other stops along Rt. 77, but decided to stay here for it did have a restaurant and bar on site. Upon arriving my husband was greeted very warmly and told that on Wed. evenings they have a social hour providing complimentary wine, beer and appetizers. It was very nice and we met many interesting people. The young woman, Cat, was serving and greeting everyone. She was so lovely and remembered everyone's name. Another young man was assisting also. His name is Matt and he was also very inviting and courteous. The beds were very comfortable and breakfast was very hearty and delicious the next morning. We will definitely stay here again when we travel South and/or on our way home up North.

Room Tip: We were given a room on the 4th floor and found it to be very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Not someone who complains but I thought I would mention since they did not seem to care.

We waited and waited to be served. No one mans the hostess stand even tho it says wait to be seated.... they really mean it.

Dinner the night before was an indication of what we should have expected for breakfast. At breakfast we waited for 15 minutes, trying to get the attention of staff, they saw us but ignored us. We went to the front desk and they informed us that breakfast stopped serving 5 minutes prior. They could not help us.

Not very hospitable and worse yet, didn't seem to care.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jay W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to bring my attention to this issue. There is no way to improve unless we know what the problems are. I will dig into this and make sure it is corrected right away. If you would like to discuss this in more detail please contact me at jwilliams@hlihotels.com.
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

we had stayed here previously and this visit was just as great---nice clean welcoming lobby, friendly helpful staff. Our rooms were great---comfortable beds, plenty of room---had a great nights rest. Another reason we wanted to stay here again on our trip was because of the room service!!
We were very impressed on our previous stay and always said if it worked out miles wise we would stay there again. Happily the food was as great as we remembered, our daughter was with us this time and had made a comment about wondering about this 'wonderful' meal---Well, she had to agree that it was excellent! I would recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone!!

Brantford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We arrived around 11:00 pm in the rain December 21, 2013. The attendant at check in was very accommodating and welcoming. He gave us the best deal he could. After travelling since 7:30am that morning from Miami, we just needed a place to crash. The room was very clean and spacious. Although it was late we still need a night cap and something to eat. The barkeep served us even though it was closing time. With the help of the desk clerk we were able to order pizza to the room. It was a totally great stay and I would recommend this hotel to any traveller.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the instructions for the airconditioner before retiring for the night. Ensure th...
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The lobby was clean, inviting and staff members were friendly. Coffee at the coffee stand off to the right of lobby was very good. The bed was comfortable and pillows had a nice fluff to them.

Our room was exceptionally clean and well appointed. We could not hear any noises from other rooms or from the road.

On site restaurant.

Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We booked our trip by using Priceline.com and got a very good rate.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My 8-year-old son and I spent one night at this hotel on our way from Atlanta to Punxsutawney for the Thanksgiving holiday. We just wanted a clean, quiet place to stay - someplace near the highway. Our room had twin Queen beds, and it seemed clean enough. Something in my bed bit me once on the leg in the night, though. When my son woke up, he showed me several fresh insect bites on his stomach. I searched both beds and the Internet for an explanation, and the best explanation I could find was young bedbugs. We have never encountered them before, and we're now boiling our pajamas, to be on the safe side. When I told the clerk at the front desk about it, he smirked and said, "Well! We've never had reports of THAT before!" He then added a comment to the effect of, "How awkward that must have been for you." So to ensure that this never happens to us again, we're avoiding Holiday Inns from now on. We suggest that you do the same!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jay W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Paige W,

Firstly, I want to thank you for your review of our property. A report of this type is something we take very seriously! I assure you that it will be investigated immediately and thoroughly. As you stated, we are a clean well kept hotel but bugs can travel with anyone and become an issue at any hotel overnight. The only thing I ask is that you not avoid the entire Holiday Inn brand for this issue as we greatly appreciate you as our guest! I will do whatever I can to restore your faith with our property.
Please contact me via email at jwilliams@hlihotels.com and let me know the best way to reach out to you.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley? Share your experiences!