“Super clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Beckley
Toronto, Canada
“Super clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stopped over for a night at Holiday Inn on our way to Myrtle Beach and I must say WOW to this Holiday Inn. The rooms are immaculate as in super clean and the bath tub might just be the cleanest one that I have ever seen in any hotel. The beds are comfortable and I love their choice of Firm or Soft pillows. The only downside is that they DO NOT have breakfast included and their room rates are toooo pricey. However the breakfast part is easily solved since there is an iHop just up the street from the hotel. I'd certainly recommend this hotel to anyone but I am going to try and find a cheaper hotel for our next overnight stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jay W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Katrina K,

Thank you so much for staying with us, for the 5 star review and your valuable input on our hotel!
Our housekeeping staff will be thrilled to hear of your reviews on cleanliness, they are very proud of their work and so am I. Please check with us again for your next trip as our rates do vary and take advantage of our full service restaurant. The food is excellent!

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Princeton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while we did whitewater rafting further north (Ace Adventures). The staff couldn't be nicer. We caught a manager's introduction on Wednesday night and we had some appetizers, drinks, and got to meet more staff and even had some great conversations with some guests.

The rooms were very clean and sufficient size and the beds comfortable. It's nice to have the fridges for drinks, etc. The popcorn machine was also a nice addition for a quick late-night snack!

I got this on an excellent rate but would have paid full price knowing all that we got.

Kudos to staff and especially the manager. The hotel is about 6 years old but it doesn't show!

Dear comeaufamily,

I would like to personally thank you for that wonderful review and for making the Holiday Inn & Suites a part of your whitewater adventure!! Wednesday nights are always a great time for us to spend some quality time with our guests and it's great to hear that you enjoyed it. Please come see us again very soon!!
Hobbs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Hotel is in excellant location in Beckley, WV. The staff is the best, they are always smiling and so
Helpful. Happy hour on Wednesdays to meet and greet management with wine and beer,excellant hot crap dip and other things to snack on. They make you feel so welcomed.

Room Tip: All you need is ask for what you want, they make it happen!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stopped in here for the night about one week ago. Our room was spotlessly clean and was very well appointed. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. The hotel lobby was nicely decorated and very modern. Close to lots of restaurants and just off the highway. Just south of Tamarack which is a very special place to visit.

Beaumont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it was close by to pick up my husband and son after they were done with Jamboree 2013. I flew in from California and was met by the most pleasant staff I have come across in a long time! They went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable traveling alone. I was really tired and they got me all the information I needed to get to the place I needed to be the next morning to get my "boys" back. When I got to the room about 9:00 pm I ordered room service, when it was not there by 10 or so I called down and this sweet girl said that the other room service girl went home sick and she was so sorry! She actually stayed late and brought me food! The place was beautiful, clean and very well run. I look forward to staying there again next summer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I needed a one bedroom suite for my family after a long drive. Looked for a few hours online to find something in Beckley. This hotel suited us perfectly-- two double beds in a separate bedroom (not a partition wall like you find in other hotels) with a kitchenette and a living room with a sofa bed. The bathroom was spotless, lots of towels, nice toiletries, good coffee-maker. We even had a view of the mountains.
The hotel is a nice property with a good restaurant for breakfast. Perfect for family travel. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from elevator
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Not a luxury stay but was clean and quiet. Pillows were uncomfortable. Staff was nice. No major issues. Would stay here again if traveling through town but would bring my own pillows. Didn't use the pool but it looked clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear PMFANDME,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry the pillows were not to your liking.

We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We are pleased that our staff and clean, quite rooms was able to off set this displeasure with great service.

We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley? Share your experiences!