“Very clean and modern” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Toronto, Canada
“Very clean and modern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stopped in here for the night about one week ago. Our room was spotlessly clean and was very well appointed. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. The hotel lobby was nicely decorated and very modern. Close to lots of restaurants and just off the highway. Just south of Tamarack which is a very special place to visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Beaumont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it was close by to pick up my husband and son after they were done with Jamboree 2013. I flew in from California and was met by the most pleasant staff I have come across in a long time! They went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable traveling alone. I was really tired and they got me all the information I needed to get to the place I needed to be the next morning to get my "boys" back. When I got to the room about 9:00 pm I ordered room service, when it was not there by 10 or so I called down and this sweet girl said that the other room service girl went home sick and she was so sorry! She actually stayed late and brought me food! The place was beautiful, clean and very well run. I look forward to staying there again next summer.

Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I needed a one bedroom suite for my family after a long drive. Looked for a few hours online to find something in Beckley. This hotel suited us perfectly-- two double beds in a separate bedroom (not a partition wall like you find in other hotels) with a kitchenette and a living room with a sofa bed. The bathroom was spotless, lots of towels, nice toiletries, good coffee-maker. We even had a view of the mountains.
The hotel is a nice property with a good restaurant for breakfast. Perfect for family travel. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from elevator
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Not a luxury stay but was clean and quiet. Pillows were uncomfortable. Staff was nice. No major issues. Would stay here again if traveling through town but would bring my own pillows. Didn't use the pool but it looked clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear PMFANDME,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry the pillows were not to your liking.

We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We are pleased that our staff and clean, quite rooms was able to off set this displeasure with great service.

We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We chose the Holiday Inn again in Beckley on our way to South Carolina. Arrived late at night. The hotel is very nice looking, for a hotel on the road. We stayed in a suite with our family. The rate was quite high, because we booked late. However, we were willing to pay for a clean, nice hotel. We had an issue with the sofa bed linens being soiled. Rest of the room clean. The AC rattled all night. When I discussed with the manager in the morning she promptly comped the room and was immediately going to housekeeping. I was very very impressed with her (Debra) concern. She was genuinely upset at the experience that we had and took action to immediately please me as a customer and to take care of the issue. She swiftly went to go to talk to her housekeeping department. The breakfast room is very nice and very nice and friendly wait staff. Would I stay here again? Absolutely. The customer service was excellent.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great from start to finish--clean and friendly, efficient and clean, with comfortable beds. We were able to fit in a king suite with an additional cot. We are 2 adults and 4 kids--15,13,8, and 6. It is a great location, close to rafting, gorgeous parks, the Beckley coal mine, etc. The only negatives were that it was a bit expensive and breakfast was not included. However, it was only $7 per person for an excellent buffet and our 6 and 8 year olds were free. Super friendly waitstaff.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked a king suite for a 4th of July visit with friends. Although the price was higher than I've ever paid for a Holiday Inn stay and I am a Priority member and frequent their properties often. The suite was very large and spacious. The bathroom was not so spacious, rather smallish actually, but clean and shiny. Our bed was comfortable and we were on the top floor, so no noises from neighbors. Unfortunately, we were right outside the elevators and heard everyone's conversation as they waited. We also heard the traffic and I was glad I'd brought earplugs after reading other reviews about the noise.
The pool was great for laps, because it was not deep, 41/2 ft. I think, at the deepest level. It is also handicap accessible and clean. The spa was also clean and spacious, although quite hot. Great for short visits and sore muscles.
Their are two exercise rooms, one cardio and one weight room. Both were clean with new equipment and in good working order, although both were smallish, adequate for one or two people at a time.
The restaurant was standard Holiday Inn fare with a bar on the side. Breakfast is not included, but popcorn and coffee is offered in the lobby. The staff was nice enough, although they were training a new person who seemed to lack a bit of people skills.
All in all, a good stay, but for the price I'll try a competitor next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley? Share your experiences!