“Truck Parking” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Truck Parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011 via mobile

While it felt more like a Holiday Inn Express without the bonuses, the hotel is clean, easy to find and the staff is very helpful. They do have a large lot for truck parking along with a strong wifi signal.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Very clean, nice flat screen Tv, comfortable bed, attractive overall appearance. I was very happy with this hotel. However, we did skip the breakfast. It's not free and I don't think you can do any better than the nearby Tamarack. Always make it a point to stop here. Food is made by Greenbrier chefs. Best french toast we ever had, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Akron
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We walked into the Holiday Inn without a reservation. I was actually surprised that they had a room. I am a Platinum Priority Club member and was welcomed as such. The room was very nice and we had a good time in the bar talking to people and watching some sports. This Holiday Inn is a little off the main road. Most of the dining areas are nearer to the highway. Beckley is a very popular overnight stop on weekends so the reader might want to plan ahead if heading to the area for an overnight stop.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We have family all over the East and often do layovers in easy access hotels. Before Trip Advisor, this practice was a dreaded part of all trips for me. Now I am able to get just what I need in the middle of a multi-day road trip: a clean and quiet place to rest my head, with a simple breakfast before getting back on the road.
What I found that I didn't expect: a refrigerator and a microwave, a choice of bed pillows (firm or soft) and beautiful bed linens. I also enjoyed the fact that there was a small bar in the hotel for a nightcap.
What I expected but didn't find: nothing. As I mentioned, this was a road trip. The hotel met all my expectations for a great spot to stop for a night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Glen Burnie, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

we booked a standard room for two of us for 3 nights. The hotel itself was great. On weekend mornings, there was a all-u-can-eat buffet in the restaurant downstairs for 7.99$ pp - can't beat that. Good indoor swimming pool.

But on the 2nd day after I woke up I discovered a lot of insect bites on my body. Such a terrible experience. It took me a while to realize these were bedbug bites and only after a week after we were back from vacation did all the bite marks go away.

I complained to Hotwire after I came back from vacation and asked for at least a partial refund for what I went through. After 3 weeks of waiting they came back saying the Holiday Inn manager investigated this, found no evidence of bedbugs and also said we never reported any problem during our stay. It was a mistake on my part to not report the incident immediately to Holiday Inn (not sure what could have changed in the end result if I had complained right then). For the "inconvenience caused" i.e., for not getting back to me sooner on this, Hotwire credits me a laughable 25 Hotwire bucks (for the 450$ we had to pay for 3 nights)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I typically choose Hampton Inn hotels but this Holiday Inn has me giving this chain another look while on our trips. Most everything was spot-on: Comfortable bed, choice of pillows (two each, hard or soft, and both were very comfortable), nicely appointed bathroom, everything was very clean, gues-controlled thermostat, nice lobby, and nice staff. The only weak point of the room was the old-style television. I'm not sure why hotels go through all the remodeling and don't put in flat-panel televisions. They give the room a more modern feel, are more enjoyable to watch, and can't be any more expensive. Also, the lack of a free breakfast might make this hotel a less competitive offering for some travellers. Otherwise this is a very nice hotel for this price range and I would highly recommed it. And ALL the rooms are non-smoking!

Room Tip: I got a great deal through Priceline but would be worth the full price.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Was in town for business. Pulled in late at night and checked in fine. Got up the next morning and had to pay for breakfast at this hotel.

I left at 9AM and returned around 4, only to find my room untouched by the housekeeping staff. I immediately brought this to the front desk's attention. Their response was, "If you have a sign in your door, and it's not removed by 8AM, we don't touch your room." The only compensation they offered me was a bottle of water and a towel. At this point, I couldn't wait to get out of this hotel. And I made it a point of bringing this up at checkout, and the only response I received then was "oops, sorry. See you next time."

I find this to be very unprofessional of the staff at this hotel, especially to a Platinum Priority Club member.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley? Share your experiences!