“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ambrosia Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beckley
The Ambrosia Inn
You added The Ambrosia Inn to your Saves list
611 N. Kanawha Street, Beckley, WV 25801   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Beckley B&B and Inns
Canton, Ohio
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Ambrosia Inn was excellent. My wife and I stayed here on our way south for our honeymoon. The Sage Blossom suite was very comfortable, relaxing, and we loved the patio in the morning. Sawsan was a great host and made us feel right at home. We were blessed by her hospitality and a fantastic breakfast in the morning. We also took full advantage of the massage therapist, which we highly recommend for additional relaxation. The house and property are lovely and it feels like you're taking a step back in time.

Room Tip: The Sage Blossom Suite is excellent for couples, it's worth the few extra dollars for the bigger...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Ambrosia Inn in Beckley West Virginia. We chose to stay in the Sage Blossom Suite. It was very large with a huge comfortable bed complete with steps it was so high. It was clean and pleasant. The grounds were beautiful and manicured. The nights sleep was very nice with very little noise. In the morning we enjoyed a breakfast cooked by innkeeper Chef Sawsan Galal. It was a delightful experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The owner greeted us when we drove through a narrow gate up to a stone mansion on almost 3 acres overlooking the town in the distance. We were the only guests and had the house to ourselves the whole evening. The suite was beautiful, upgraded perhaps in the 60s, but hardwood floors, tall kingsize bed, beautifully tiled bathroom opening onto a tile and stone second floor porch. We so enjoyed sipping a drink on the porch, and later I watched the stars from a chaise lounge with little ambient light. The next morning we enjoyed several cups from the Kuerig in the parlor outside our room and were greeted by the friendly and outgoing Bea, a calico cat, who also accompanied us to breakfast. Sawson, the gourmet cook-owner, had asked about food allergies and fixed my wife gluten-free bread and even waffles and then shared the recipe. This is a wonderfully relaxing place that we hope to return to.

Room Tip: The suite is so roomy and luxurious, but the other two available rooms each have their own bathroom...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Delaware, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you need somewhere clean, quiet and relaxing to stay, you can't go wrong here. I was traveling from Ohio to Virginia to see my mother in the hospital, so I wanted somewhere nice to stay midway. Sawsan made me, a solo traveler, feel very comfortable. I stayed there twice, once on the way down, and then again on my return to Ohio. It was a trying time for me, but staying here gave me the rest and renewal that I needed before heading back on the road. I got a great sleep, a tasty and healthy breakfast, and some very delicious coffee. I stayed in the Sage Room, which was very beautiful, just like the rest of the inn and the outdoor space. The Ambrosia Inn is a very warm and inviting place, and I felt very well taken care of there.

Room Tip: The Sage Room is very spacious and has a big outdoor space right off the bathroom. It is a very nice...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Our stay at the Ambrosia Inn was a very relaxing and delightful experience. We had to leave early but was prepared an extremely delicious box chalked full healthy muffins, cheese, juices, nuts and more for us to enjoy while on the road.

• Stayed May 2014
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed at the Inn unexpectedly; decided not to drive all the way to my home in Morgantown and instead take a little respite from my drive. I loved the property, extremely clean. The owner and chef was a lovely woman who was very accomodating to me, friendly, professional. I had a relaxing experience and particularly enjoyed that there are a few friendly house cats that are there if you want to love on them but are not pesky. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We arrived late March and after a long cold WV winter, very little was in bloom but the property is expansive and one can imagine staying longer in warmer weather. The home is grand and inviting with great character. We stayed one night in the Sage Rose room with ensuite, very comfortable and clean. Chef Sawsan was delightful and attentive, as well as being a talented artist and chef. She sent us on our way the next morning, after a hearty breakfast, with a bag full of fresh muffins for our final destination to North Carolina. Very yummy and thoughtful, thank you Sawsan.
We love cats but anyone with allergies might have a concern, there are three.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to The Ambrosia Inn? Share your experiences!