“you get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley

Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   134 Harper Park Drive, Beckley, WV 25801 (Formerly Park Inn & Suites Beckley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
ontario,canada
“you get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

We had dinner across the street from this hotel and got one of those Discount Coupon books.. we chose this one, and got a $5 discount off the $64 price of the room.. The room was adequate.. Beds were ok.. But if your a heavy person you may have a hard time fitting into the tub.. and the 'marble' sink counter was all cracked and walls needed some attention... but all in all,, a quiet nite's sleep was what we wanted and $60 was worth the stay.
gary
ontario, canada

• Liked — close to highway
  • Disliked — needs some paint
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
you get whaat you pay for..so sorrry about the sink..we normaly give discounts to a guest that is not pleased..hope you got your..we nhave changed name and things look great trry us again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
NE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2007

Traveling across the US enroute to Newportnews, VA, we encountered an all day rain so didn't make it to our planned destination. As we drove into Bentley, WV on I-64, we pulled off to find somewhere to spend the night. It was very obvious that we could have chosen from 6-8 major chains as the parking lots were about empty. For some reason, the Park Inn attracted us due to location and clean appearance. I walked into the lobby to request a room for the night. The clerk was very friendly and helpful. One of the few rooms available for the night sounded very satisfactory for the $80 per night that we needed it. He commented that there were ski parties arriving and we would be on a floor with the "parties". He also mentioned that "of course the curfew is 11pm".
The room was a nicely furnished and nice sized one. Then it began. We are asthmatic and alway require a smoke free room.
My wife asked if I smelled the smoke.
The remote for the TV did not work. The last facial tissue in the box quickly went away.
The marble lookalike sink in the bathroom needed a replacement. It was all cracked and needed caulking (free of mildew)
That's okay, we were exhausted and have experienced worse.
That worked until 11:40PM when I was awakend by something slammed against the wall of our bed headboard. From then until 1;10am, the "parties" continued. It included doors slamming, running and yelling down the halls, whistling, ... and whatever you can imagine.
Then the street racing started outside of the motel and continued for about two hours.
I really thought about walking up and down the halls at 4 am, pounding on a washtub but they beat me to it.
Oh, the wonderful full breakfast.............if I were able to climb across the 55 12-13 YO Baptist chuch school kids... I might have even been able to have one of the minature powdered sugar donuts ,but didn't.
When checking out, I mentioned that they really shouldn't offer the room as non-smoking until everthing in the room had a bath.
My answer: "I'll report it and assure you sir that you will be rectified".............. hmmm, I'll have to think about that one a bit. I
paid for the room the night before.
So goes it for the Park Inn....... I can rent a beatiful ocean view condo in Maui for the same price.
As I look at my two star rating, perhaps it should have been a one star instead.
RH - Nebraska

Stayed January 2007
we appreciate your review and look into improving your minus's
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2005

Reasonable rate and clean room! Had a microwave and a fridge in the room, which was a plus when taveling with kids.

many thanks we appreciate you
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2003

Me and my huney stayed at Park Inn one weekend, it was a last minute thing and we went to about six other motels and they were all booked.
We lucked up and got the best room at Park Inn, of course we had to pay a little more for the luxuries, but we really enjoyed how clean it was.
It had many nice furnishings as well. We would definately go back!

RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
thanks for your review, we appreciate it
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2003

I needed to take my dog to Ohio. Park Inn was accomodating with certain pet friendly rooms. I really wanted a suite as my dog snores. We secured a King room on the third floor. Unfortunately, the hotel is very near the highway so you heard trucks all night. Ask for a room facing the Hampton Inn side. Room was large with coffee, etc. I wish more hotels will offer pet rooms.

i am glad that park inn was pet friendly

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley? Share your experiences!