“Clean and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley
Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   134 Harper Park Drive, Beckley, WV 25801 (Formerly Park Inn & Suites Beckley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Northern Virginia
“Clean and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Upon entering the lobby and seeing it was clearly an aged hotel, and then being told how I had to hold the door and card just so in order for the door to open, I was a little bit skeptical. But when we got to the room, it was clean and decent sized. It is definitely a budget hotel, and as such, meets and exceeds what your expectations should be. There are no special amenities or anything, it's very no frills, but they deliver what they say. They're also really serious about noise in the hotel, with a sign and people from the front desk investigating every noise. The free breakfast was basic, but it's free so you really can't complain. They had a typical spread of bagels, pastries, cereal, waffles, yogurt, etc. I think the price is a bit steep for what they offer and we'd probably look into a different hotel in the area that is similarly priced next time. But we would stay here again without hesitation if we needed to.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
many thanks for the truth we do strive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The place was clean, had granite countertops, just lovely. We looked at the Microtel Inn and yuck, it was so unclean and the lobby was bad, so then we marched over to Baymont and it was perfect !!!!

Room Tip: rooms by the parking lot are quieter than the freeway side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
we certainly appreciate your review and hope to see you soon thanks for choosing baymont
Fishersville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Baymont Inn & Suites. It was very clean and nice for our family for the evening. What made the stay the best was the outstanding service that we recieved. Ron was very professional and extremely friendly. I can find a clean hotel anywhere but Ron will keep us coming back to Baymont in the future. Thank you so much and we will see you again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
you are welcome in more than one way..see next time ron
Somerset, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

After driving 16 hours from Flordia's Gulf Coast on our way back home to PA we decided to stop here for the night & get some much needed rest. We were traveling with a 4 year old, 1 year old & my inlaws. Staying here was our biggest mistake ever. Even though it was only an over night stay, just a place to rest our heads it was much too long of a stay. Our rooms were like Florida in August. I swear they were atleast 85 degrees +. The more we turned up the AC the hotter the rooms seemed to get. We were all so tired, not to mention the kids would have never gotten back into the car to save a soul that night. So, we decided to stay. There was so much noise coming from the hall way.It was hard to sleep with the noise & the heat.
The next morning while moving our things from the room we saw the maid in the hallway & she said that our room was one of the hottest rooms she had been in & told us that the AC was broken & that the hotel staff knew that. Upon check out we told the receptionist & asked to speak with the manager, she proceded to tell us that he was not there but gave us his card & schedule.
After returning home a few days later I called & spoke with the manager who then told me he would look into the situation & call me back. However, it was Labor Day weekend & he wasn't sure how many days it would take to get back to me. Needless to say it's been 7 months now & I have not heard back from him.....

Room Tip: I would not reccomend staying here unless it was the middle of January during a sub zero snow storm...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
please allow me to apologize for not answering quicker..it must have skipped my mind, i did the research and saw that we had given a disount but failed to call ya bvack...however all new units ac-heat have been placed in most rooms
Renton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I recently stayed here twice because I liked how clean it was and how comfortable the beds were. Very nice place!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
we appreciate you and your review..see ya soon
Oceana, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed two times since the refurbishing. The first time I was thrilled, the room was very nicely decorated and equipped. I was amazed at the quality of the room for the price of a bargain hotel. It didnt last though, the next time I went back, the rooms were still very nice but the price had been jacked up considerably. For 89.00 + Tax, there are nicer rooms in Beckley, just do some shopping around. If you need a place to crash though and you don't mind the slight premium on the rate, the new rooms are refreshing.

Room Tip: Aask for a newly refurbished room. I am not sure that all the rooms are completed.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I found the hotel to be decent. The rooms have recently been refurbished and I thought they looked quite nice for a Baymont. We checked for bed bugs and saw no signs of any. The front desk staff was polite and helpful. The bathroom had a tub along with the shower, but there was no fan for the bathroom, and if there was one, it didn't work. There was also a fridge in the room. I could not hear other guests. I thought the breakfast was ok - hard boiled eggs, Yoplait yogurt, mini danish, mini cake donuts, plain bagels and cream cheese, bread for toast, self-serve waffles, oatmeal packets and Raisin Bran and Rice Krispies (I believe that's everything). While I found this to be sufficient, others in my party did not. The lobby of the hotel does have a slightly religious theme, with items such as a Last Supper clock behind the desk.
Overall, the hotel was clean enough. I did find quite a few hairs stuck to towels and house cleaning didn't do that great of a job while we were out, but there was no visible dust, no rings (from cups) on the dresser or anything, and I do believe the towels had been washed.
I don't know how great of a value the hotel was. We called the hotel directly for a price, and paid $72/night, the same price as the Hampton right next door. There is dining right by the hotel as well (Wendy's is pretty much right in the parking lot), and it is across from a gas station, and immediately off the highway.
Oh, and the lighting in the bathroom was perfect for makeup, and there was a large mirror and lots of counter space.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
thnaks for the good review..please come again

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley? Share your experiences!