“Not bad for a night on the road” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Beckley
Columbus, Ohio
“Not bad for a night on the road”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed here on the way back from south carolina and it wasa pretty cool hotel. It had a "make yourself at home" feel to it. The rooms were pretty cool. i really enjoyed the pool & hot tub. The only complaint i would have is that the breakfast was pretty lame. But overall it was a satisfactory stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pittsboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

I generally like Microtels. I stayed in this one once before, mentioning the state of the carpets, etc. but said it was OK. This time I was very unhappy. I needed a single, but since they only had doubles I had to pay almost $100 PLUS $25 for my pet. Not cheap. for a place with torn, stained and bunched up carpets and dirty walls.
The place was so noisy that I was unable to get to sleep until after 11pm. Then, at 5:15am I was awakened by a woman laughing and talking very loudly outside my door. I went out and saw that it was the desk clerk. When I complained, her attitude was one of "so what" and said - well, it's just going to get noisier in an hour. Actually after she shut up the place was quiet for a couple of hours, but I was wide awake, so I put the time to good use - by writing to corporate offices about this employee's lack of respect for guests. I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

I just came back from a stay at the Microtel in Beckley on Eisenhower road and would never recommend it like i would this hotel. This hotel was booked for the weekend that is why we booked the other location. We have been staying at this hotel for the last 3 years and never came across any problems. The front desk has always been helpful to us. The only thing that it was lacking is the breakfast but what can one expect it is a continental breakfast. That was never a problem to us since we were just steps away from many restaurants in the nearby area. The location was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Cumberland, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

I'll just start by saying, you get what you pay for. For $65 a night, we got average. The hotel is looking a little worn around the edges, but t;he room and bathroom was clean. The front desk staff could some people skills. Location was great. Beds were hard, not too comfortable. Overall, it was fine for what we needed that night...just a place to lay our head.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Chestertown, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

We stayed one night at the Beckley Microtel, and the girl behind the desk was extremely rude and unfriendly from the minute we walked through the door. The rooms were ok, but there are too many other places to stay to put up with nasty attitude.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

We booked this hotel on the way to Florida..for $55 it was very clean, comfortable and included a continental breakfast. It also has an indoor pool and hot tub which we used...you can't beat the value..the beds were super comfortable...and we are picky bed people..clean and neat...I would recommend this to everyone as an overnight stay!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Traverse City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

New, clean, smelled good, well furnished, plush, all the things I've come to expect from a 5-star establishment.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Beckley? Share your experiences!