“Nice clean place, friendly people, will definitely stay there again, BUT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn by Wyndham Beckley

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Nice clean place, friendly people, will definitely stay there again, BUT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Nice clean, easily accessible hotel with friendly (though not totally competent) staff. We left our toiletry bag in our room upon check out September 4, 2013. Called next day and they had found it. Called when we got home on September 9, 2013 and asked them to send it and offered my Visa card or to send them a prepaid shipping box. Was told they would just send it and did not take my Visa info. I called on September 12 and was told it was still there. The guy (Jamie I think) said " I thought you were going to send a prepaid box" which is what I had told him when I called the day after the loss. I told him about the September 9 conversation and he said it would be mailed on Friday September 13, 2013. It is now Wednesday Sept 18, 2013 and I just finished a conversation with Holly who said "it is still here." I gave her my Visa number and address and she said she will get it mailed out. It has taken 2 over weeks to get this far and I still do not have my lost item. Holly finally told me why it had not gone out (because I needed to arrange to pay shipping, (that was mentioned already I think) and I thanked her. But the other two people I talked to (Jamie on Sept. 4 and 12th and a female employee on Sept 9) could have taken care of this had they wanted to. They, however, did not wish to be bothered by my forgetfulness. God help them when they are senior citizens. HOLD EVERYTHING. Holly just called me back and said they cannot send it to me at all, that I had to call FedEx and have them pick it up using my FedEx account (which I do not have). I told her to hold onto to it because I have a spectacular idea. I said "why don't I just send you a prepaid box in the mail and you can just put it in the box and hand it to the mailman?" She said that would work fine. Incompetent!!

Room Tip: Holiday Inn Express
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Compared with my stay at a 'higher quality brand' the night before in Virginia, this was a pleasant stay in which everything that should work without my having to think about it ... just worked. With a coupon, this was also a fantastic deal. My room was clean and quiet. Wi-Fi was a little slow during the evening but fine during the morning. Breakfast was good. My only real issue was that the toilet was set too far back with respect to the countertop, so that whenever you tried to put the toilet seat up, it would lie unstably against the counter and then often lam back down on the rim. My ears!! Beyond that, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Morgantown, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked in for 5 days at $100.00 a day. We were put on the top floor where we found out this was long term stay. The room was nice however, not one day did we get maid service! Every morning we would go down and tell the front desk and when returned at night - NOTHING. We found ourselves accessing storage closets that were left open to get soap and towels, TP, etc. Management refused to even talk to us however the front desk person said that those rooms go for less than $60.00 a night since they are long term. Through many, many calls to the manager, Robert Canter he refused to take the call and had the poor front desk person tell us he was not available. We won't be staying here again just for the terrible customer service. Robert Canter - your pathetic.

Room Tip: Find another place. They make you so mad it ruins the trip!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Beckley? Share your experiences!