This property is undergoing renovation now. That was not disclosed to me when I made the reservation for a two-night stay, and I talked directly to this property's front desk to make the reservation. There was no Wi-Fi available, contrary to this hotel's ads. As an IT person, I find no reason for Wi-Fi to be out. Temporary provisions could be made to service guests' expectations. There was no apparent attempt to tidy-up renovation grime at the end of the work day. When I arrived (well after workday hours), decorative tiles were simply lying on the floor as clutter. Fresh spackling dust was on the carpet in several places on the first floor. The emergency exit closest to my room was blocked-off because of the renovation (diminishing guest safety). Housekeeping was obviously lacking. The room's dressing mirror had a lot of dust on its glass. The bathroom floor still had a lot of hair on it, indicating that it had not been swept adequately. The bedspread had holes in it. The window's drapes had water stains on them. The cushion in front of the window had holes in its upholstery. During breakfast, my wife selected a bagel that was so hard that she ended-up throwing it out. The extent of the breakfast selections were bagels (of varying degrees of freshness), tiny muffins, two types of dry cereal, oatmeal, two juice varieties, decaf, and coffee. That's it. And the piece-de-resistance - after breakfast, I discovered a bedbug scampering across the bedspread. Because of so many issues with the stay, we packed-up and left after cancelling the next night's stay.
So, not only did I have to find accommodations for the next night, I'm now going to have to decontaminate everything that I took into the room for "safe" keeping so that I don't transfer a bedbug infestation into my home!
Overall, evidence suggests that management maintains a total lack of respect for the guest experience at this property and that it is being used as a cash cow.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Beckley Hotel Beckley
- Microtel Inn & Suites Beckley Hotel
- Microtel Inn And Suites Beckley
- Microtel Beckley
- Beckley Microtel
- Microtel Hotel Beckley
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are no longer a pet friendly hotel. NO PETS ALLOWED ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Microtel Inn by Wyndham Beckley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.