“Great sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This hotel is a great stop over while traveling. It's close to the interstate restaurants. The breakfast has very nice big selection the beds are very comfortable and the hotel is very clean. This is the third time we have stayed here and never been disappointed

Stayed June 2014
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you so much for being such a loyal guest to our hotel. We are so proud of this hotel, and the employees here are great to work beside. I will share your kind review and our next employee luncheon. Again, thank you. We hope to serve you soon.

Jerry Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is the third time we've stayed at this hotel and we really enjoyed our stay here. The place is very clean, has a wonderful pool (but could use a few more tables and chairs in the pool area), and a good breakfast. Guest rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. We did notice something that did get our attention, however. During breakfast there were many, many guests looking for places to sit, yet employees were occupying a couple of the tables and they looked like they were waiting to start their shifts. This is a major black eye in my book and I hope management curbs that practice quickly. Guests should always come before employee comfort.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time ti review the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. You are correct, I will make sure my department heads know that the employees are not to be in the breakfast area during the hours of breakfast. We do allow the employees to eat after breakfast hours, in an effort to curb such wasteful food, I will re- confirm our standing rule. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you again,

Safe travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Good clean comfortable rooms. The pool is nice sized along with a nice sized hot tub. Good breakfast. The beds were very comfortable. The staff seemed friendly and were very helpful. This was a very nice stay for our travel weary family.

• Stayed June 2014
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for the kind review. The staff is great, I love working with this crew! I will pass on your accolades at our next employee luncheon, they will be pleased. Hope to see you soon!

Edwardsville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel was nice. Easy on and off the interstate. Pet friendly. Rooms were clean. Breakfast buffet was good. Only issue I had was that the smell of air fresh was overwhelming and triggered my allergies. I would recommend this property to anyone seeking a clean, economical, pet-friendly hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am so sorry that our air freshener triggered your allergies. Please contact me at 304-252-5100 to discuss your stay. Thank you for the review!

WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have stayed here quite a bit but over the last few years have chosen to stay elsewhere. This year for our conference my husband and I chose to stay here again because we got a good rate through Hotwire.

I was pleased to see that the rooms have been updates as well as the carpet in the hallways. Everything has a fresh new look. Although they have maintained a warm friendly appearance there is now a more modern (less country) feel to the place.

Things we didn't like:
~The water in our room never got hot. It was only warm enough for a quick shower but would have been very uncomfortable for a bath. This was not resolved during our stay.
~ Although our room had been updated the ceilings were in bad need of painting. I was please to see the 90's decor off the walls but the lack of anything on the walls wasn't so pleasing.
~Although the room was very clean when we arrived housekeeping was a little lacking during our stay. I love to come into my room to a well made bed and 2 of the 3 mornings it was not well made.

The additional space to the breakfast area and the new library/tv room is very nice! The flowers and outdoors is very well maintained. We sat on the porch one evening with friends and enjoyed a Summer rainstorm.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the kind review. We are working very hard to complete our renovations, I am so pleased that you noticed. Hope to see you soon!

Safe Travels,

Shelbyville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I travel to the Northern Neck of Virginia to see aging relatives about 4 or 5 times in a years and Beckley is my approximate half-way point. We have stayed a myriad of hotels in Beckley but now, we only stay here. The rooms are clean and comfortable and I believe that the Country Inn and Suite mattress is the best in the industry. I travel with my service dog and the staff always try to insure that we are on the first floor and near the side door for our convenience. The staff are friendly and accommodating (they have never even cringed at my request of the large number of extra pillows needed to prop my back) and allow me extra checkout time for my elderly mother. Breakfast is standard fare for a breakfast included hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I will pass on your kind comments to our staff at our next employee luncheon. Again, thank you for staying!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I typically like Country Inn and Suites because of the free breakfast and predictable rooms. This place was ok. The breakfast area was super crowded and they had few choices. We are headed back thru Beckley in a few days and will try the Holiday Inn instead. There was nothing blatantly wrong with our stay, it just didn't impress us much. Sorry!

Stayed June 2014
I am sorry that you stay did not live up to our expectations. Please contact me at 304-252-5100 so we can discuss your stay.

Jerry Smith

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley? Share your experiences!