“Very Good accomodation and location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Ontario-Canada
“Very Good accomodation and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

the hotel has been renovated a bit, lobby, breakfast area and pool have been re done and look great. Rooms are good but sound does transfer between floors and rooms because the construction style and age of hotel.
staff are very friendly and helpful.
would definitely stay here again, probably the best value in Beckley

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your return trip to the hotel and second positive review of the property. I am glad that you have noticed the public area / breakfast renovations. We will start the room upgrades
in January 2014, we are so excited to see the new look of the rooms. Again, thank you for your comments, I will make sure to share with the staff at our next employee luncheon. They are the reason this hotel is so successful. Safe travels and we look forward to your next visit.

Jerry Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The price for this hotel was nice $125.00 and you do get a lot. It is pet friendly very nice and the pool and the whole hotel is just like the pictures. This hotel is good size and has a great breakfast.

Room Tip: Those with a dog get a first floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. I will share your accolades with our team, and would wish that if you are in the area please stay with us again, we look forward to serving you. Thanks again, safe travels!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at this CIS for 4 nites. It was a solid CIS experience. You can expect the standard to be the same as all other CIS. The rooms were accommodating, the food standard and the location convenient not only to the highway for travel but also for attractions like Lewisburg, the New River etc. People are very friendly and welcoming. Lots of restaurants in the area as well as a CVS, which we needed. Their amenities were excellent in the pool, hot tub etc.

The only negative was some minor handyman work. The railings on the stairs to the second floor needed to be tightened as did the whirlpool railing. The microwave in our room had lost a foot and was unbalanced and it was a long time in coming for hot water.

This is not a deal breaker. Still a good stay. We have traveled to 40 of the 50 states and I would stay here again. A handyman can fix all of this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Country Inn and Suites, Beckley WV. Your review means so much to the staff, it is our way of fine tuning a hotel, I will pass your accolades and concerns to the team. Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you soon!

Safe travels,

Byron, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed for one night in September 2013 and enjoyed it very much. The room was very nice and the bed was comfortable. We had no problems with the wifi. The hotel is located at a distance from the interstate, so highway noise was not a problem. We had limited interaction with the staff, but found them all to be pleasant. Although it was too chilly to use, we saw they had a front porch area with rocking chairs that we thought was a wonderful idea. The best part of the Country Inn was the breakfast. It had a wide selection including several hot dishes, such as biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs. They also had cookies available in the lobby, which was a favorite of ours. We will definitely search out this chain again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stayed. We do try hard to provide the best hotel experience possible for your money, and we are so pleased that we did our jobs correctly to your satisfaction. We look forward to see you soon, safe travels!

Sevierville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

There were a cascade of issues with my stay, and none of them were resolved. The staff was completely unprofessional, rude, and did not follow through on anything. This is not the hotel that I stayed at in 1998, 2000, and 2001 when it was run as a fine establishment.

I checked in and began to connect to the internet. I could not connect. I brought my lap top downstairs to the front desk. The GM got involved after the front desk managers treated me like a child who didn't know how to connect to wifi. He said he had to reboot the system. Said he would call Pinnacle (maintenance vendor), and after nothing he did affected my ability to connect, he concluded it was just me and said there was something wrong with my computer because no one else had an issue. My lap top is fine. I've never had a problem of connecting to the internet anywhere. I actually took my laptop to the Beckley Travel Plaza a mile down the road and instantly connected. I have a screenshot of the connection from there if you would like one. I've connected at every hotel and coffee shop I've ever been in. Never had a problem except here at the Harper Road Country Inn. I was made to feel it was my computer and I was stupid. The GM said he would not charge me for the first night of my two night stay. He did charge me. I alerted the front desk upon check out of the erroneous charge, they said they would have Jerry correct it. It has not been corrected. I asked them to have Jerry call me back to discuss. He did not call me back.

The shower was horrible. It was a walk in with two shower heads. Cold water came out of the shower, not hot water. So I had to take a cold shower. The shower flooded the bathroom and I slipped and fell in the bathroom. Who designs a shower that way?

The in room whirlpool tub had no step stool or steps to enter the tub. You had to climb in over the side on your knees, and then getting out without a handrail or steps was also very difficult.

The bed was way too soft. It was impossible to sleep comfortably. The pillows did not support the head or neck at all, they were so soft without anything firm inside.. The deskspace to work was far too small, the room had inferior lighting.

Finally, there was no HBO on my TV when I checked in. I complained to the front desk. They said the channels had just been changed and HBO wasn't available anymore. HBO was listed as a channel offered in your hotel guest book of amenities. But after telling me HBO wasn't included or offered anymore by the front desk manager, strangely, HBO was working fine on the second day of my stay. The hotel staff were clueless.

The microwave oven and coffee maker outlet were also not functioning when I checked in. I plugged my cellphone in that outlet to charge it, that's how I knew. I didn't need the microwave or coffee maker. I told the front desk and this was fixed the next day.

Overall, the worst hotel stay I have ever had. I would have booked at a Hampton Inn, however, I had first stayed at this location back in 1998 and again in 2000 and again in 2001 when visiting the area for whitewater rafting. I enjoyed the pool and hot tub and wanted to relax in them again in between my whitewater rafting trips on the Gauley River. I will never stay at this hotel again, and based upon the rude way I was treated by the general manager and his staff, and the way that he did nothing to resolve my issues, and the way he tried to make it seem as if it were not his fault--he actually said "I'm just the hotel manager, I don't know anything about the internet connection." and his failure to follow up on his word of not charging me for my first night stay, I just want to warn everyone I can to stay away from this hotel and the Country Inn and Suites Brand. It is a very poorly run brand with amateurs running their locations.

Room Tip: Don't waste money on the in room whirlpool. You cannot climb into or out of them without risking...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are very sorry to hear the dissatisfaction of your recent stay. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations.
Rolla, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were traveling through and found this place. Staff was very friendly. They had take away bags of water and snacks in the morning. A very good breakfast bar that wasn't just grain oriented. Our room had an old smoky smell but was a non smoking room. That was the only complaint

• Stayed September 2013
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Country Inn and Suites, Beckley WV. The staff and I are pleased with your kind words and just wanted to say thank you. However, I am sorry that your room had an unpleasant smell, if you can email what room you stayed in I will have our maintenance team take care of the issue. Again, thank you for staying, we look forward to your return visit if traveling through the area. My email address is jsmith@hlihotels.com or 304-252-5100

Safe travels!

Toledo, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was clean, with a very helpful staff which provided an overall pleasant hotel experience. The one problem we had was a due to a shortage of staff for the breakfast buffet on Sunday. We were told by one of the people working in the dining room was that two regular staff called out and they had to reassign housekeeping to the kitchen duty. They did a good job considering. We will seek out this chain in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. I have to give my staff credit in pitching in to make sure the breakfast area was well covered. The staff here is great, I owe to them all the success we have, they make me so proud! Thank you for recognizing them, I will pass on your comments at our next employee luncheon!

Safe travels,

Jerry D. Smith

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley? Share your experiences!