“Best free breckfast ever.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Angola
“Best free breckfast ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

First I want to say the location is great. Close to major routes and attractions. There is even a Cracker Barrel restaurant in the back of the parking lot you can walk to in about 60 seconds. The room was VERY nice. Large and comfortable, and very clean. The king bed was Soo comfy, as was the couch. The bathroom was so large, I do believe they could have fit another bed in there!! I loved having a microwave for reheating meals, and the refrigerator was a much bigger size with a freezer. Great for refreezing our cold packs for our cooler. Our bathtub was slow to drain, leaving you standing in 3 inches of water for your shower. One call to the desk, and it was fixed immediately. The indoor/outdoor pool was HUGE. and a comfortable temperature. Also very clean. Breckast was the best of anywhere we have stayed. A large area with plenty of tables and chairs. A large selection of both hot and cold food choices, (many of them healthy) were available. You could eat here several mornings, and be able to have something different every day... Wonderful. Such variety, and good quality food products It was shocking to see the HUGE amounts of food some people consumed and took more with them in there bags. I am suprised the hotel doesn"t charge for breckfast.. Our only complaint however, was several quests at the hotel, were noisy and pushy, taking over the public areas, and even smoking at poolside. What really turned us off the the number of people who came to breckfast with dirty BAREFEET! Gross, and I am sure it violates all kinds of public health laws. Maybe they need to post a sign... though one wonders if they can even read.

Room Tip: Pool view was beautiful at night, yet quiet. Apparently good quality windows.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for the glowing review. The staff and I are very proud of the facility and this sends a great message to the team that we are doing something right. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again in the future. Safe travels!

Jerry Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had a very nice double queen room with a refrigerator and microwave. It was attractively decorated but the bathroom showed some wear. The indoor pool was large and looked very inviting. Breakfast offered a good variety and attendants kept the room well supplied and clean. There was quite a bit of noise during the evening but it settled down by bedtime.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are so pleased that your enjoyed your stay, We work hard to provide an inviting hotel to our guests. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to seeing your again. Safe travels!

Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is the third time in three years that I have stayed at this hotel. The previous visit (last summer) I noticed that the condition of the hotel seemed to be worn and there was a lot of noise/rowdiness during that visit. However, I decided to give the hotel another chance and was extremely pleased with the changes/upgrades that were made (ie. breakfast room, linens, pool area, etc.). Front desk staff was very nice, hubby and I enjoyed the coffee area and the kiddos loved the cookies at the front desk. Breakfast had something to offer for everyone, staff was helpful and the changes made to the room were a great improvement. Room was what you typically would expect, clean, quiet, with new bedding. Hotel convenient to many restuarants/fast food, walking distance to Cracker Barrel. Will definitely stay here again and recommend to others!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for noticing the improvements to the hotel. It has been a labor of love but we are very proud of the new design to our breakfast room. The staff and I are excited for the changes underway at the property, new TVS, curtains and softseating will be installed in September. Thank you for staying, and we look forward to your next visit.

Safe travels,

Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. We used a combination of points and cash to get a much more expensive suite than we would normally consider. The suite was spacious, clean, comfortable, two TVs. The pool was wonderful and is open more hours than other hotels which was perfect for us. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful.
Breakfast was on plates. Breakfast staff were always on hand ready to assist. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for the kind review of the CIS Beckley. We are glad that your points earned came in handy and we do preach the importance of the Club Carlson program, thank you for being a loyal member. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to serving you and yours in the future. Safe travels!

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We arrived in Beckley without a hotel reservation and many places were booked, with only smoking rooms left. Country Inn and Suites had a suite available at a great sale price, and we only needed to get one room, since it slept 6! We were pleasantly surprised by the friendly and considerate staff, the comfortable and well appointed room, that had everything, and an amazing breakfast with oatmeal and fruit salad - plus all the stuff my kids love. The hotel was nearly full, but everything flowed smoothly for our stay. We even had the outdoor hottub to ourselves for awhile. Our room (3rd floor) was quiet and the beds were great. We liked that the hotel is all non-smoking, too. They even had nice extras - coffee in the lobby, apples, bananas, and cookies, too! Yummy!

Room Tip: Suite on third floor was great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the nice review of the CIS Beckley, WV. The Staff and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your accolades with the team at our next employee function. Your review will continue to inspire my employees that hospitality is what we do, and we strive to become the top hotel in Beckley in regards to service and quality. Again, thank you we look forward to your next visit with us!

Safe Travels.

Jerry D Smith
Fort Mill, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

In all fairness, I should start this review by stating that what I found disappointing about my stay here (a musty smell in the room) was not a major issue. More importantly, I did not take the time to complain to the Front Desk about it, and give them a chance to address the problem - I just turned the temperature setting on the AC down enough to keep the air in the room circulating.
In fact, this is a nicely maintaind property. Outside of the fact that I could detect a slightly musty smell in the room whenever I came back ino the room, it looked clean, and it was nicely furnished. There was one other little glitch in that when I checked out at 5:00 AM the next morning, I was not able to get a "zero balance" statement from the Night Manager at the Front Desk. (As you know, you need that for filing an expense report. So when I checked into the hotel the evening before, I asked the young lady at Reception whether or not this might be a problem if I checked out at 5:00 AM. of course, her response was "That won't be any problem at all, sir!".) They did e-mail a "zero balance" statement to me the next day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the property. I am sorry that your room smelled musty. Please call me at 304-252-5100 or email at jsmith@hlihotels.com so we can discuss your concerns. Again, thank you for staying and we hope you would consider us in the future.

Safe travels.

Jerry Smith

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley? Share your experiences!