“Nice Weekend Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Sharon, Pennsylvania
“Nice Weekend Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family had the pleasure of staying at this hotel last weekend. We were really happy we did. We visit this area a couple of times a year to meet up with family, and this was the first stay at this property. It was a little longer drive than we wanted, but it was worth it. Our family shared 2 suites. They were so nicely laid out. Also, we travel with a dog, and this place sure was pet friendly. They even provide bags to clean up after your pet. The room with the pet had a door between the bedroom and the living area and that was convenient to keep some noise out of the room where our dog was. We were very impressed with the pool, the pool hours, and the common areas. Everything was very clean. The staff even allowed us to eat our pizza, as a family, in the breakfast room. Breakfast was a hit too. the food was all good, and the coffee drinkers raved about the good coffee. We will definitely go the extra miles to stay here when we meet up next!

Room Tip: The suites at the ends of each corridor have a door between the bedroom and living area. We will de...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. We do strive to make a memorable stay and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I will share your review with the staff, I am sure it will make their day! Again, thank you and we look forward to serving you and yours soon. Safe travels!

Jerry Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here travelling home from Florida, this hotel was a great find. It was very clean and reasonable priced, the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was well thought out. The best part according to the kids was the indoor pool in which you could swim through to the outdoor pool. Our room was very spacious and fit the 5 of us well. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the CIS Beckley WV. We do take pride in a job well done and your review is the icing on the cake. Again thank you, we will always have the doors open for you and your family and we look forward to serving you again in the future! Safe travels!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here on the way back from a trip from myrtle beach to toronto. I was very impressed with this place. They have a huge pool with indoor and outdoor hot tub. Nice breakfest in the morning. Staff was great even though the property was full to capacity. Lots of places to eat around in the area. Would recommend to anyone wanting a break from a long drive. My kids enjoyed the amenities as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Country Inn and Suites, Beckley WV. It was our pleasure serving you and your family and we look forward to seeing you again real soon. We value your kind words, and I will share the praise to the staff at our monthly meeting. Again, thank you and safe travels!

Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I would rate this hotel as okay. Not good, not bad, just okay. Looks a little on the dingy side for my taste. Clean enough for most people I guess, but not for me considering the cost of the room. Photos speak for themselves.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello, I am so sorry for the unpleasant stay you have experienced with this hotel. Could you please give me a call at 304-252-5100 or email me at jsmith@hlihotels.com to talk about your stay. Your insights are invaluable and I look forward to speaking with you.

Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed two nights and well never stay there agian. The hotel was being renovated. The complementary breakfast was located in a vary small area were by 9AM everything was trashed. The room we stayed in sounded like a jack hammer pounding all night. The pool was closed for cleaning so my kids had no where to swim as promised. My bill was inflated 50 dollars more then originally agreed on. Never again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I am so sorry for the unpleasant stay, please call me at 304-252-5100 or email at jsmith@hlihotels.com so I can address your concerns.

General Managert
Milford, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way from Hilton Head to Detroit. It's fine for a lower priced inn. Room was spacious and clean. The people were courteous. The morning breakfast was pretty standard. They are in the process of remodeling.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review this hotel. We are working hard to renovate this hotel and should have the first phase complete in the next two weeks. I will share your kind words with the staff, and we look forward to serving you soon. Take care and safe travels!

Oak Hill, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Chose this hotel for for having whirlpool suites and heated indoor pool. The suite was very nice with a microwave, fridge, small sink, oak cabinets, table, pull out sofa, two tv's, double head shower, king size bed, large whirlpool tub for two, and all other expected amenities. (The whirlpool is separate from the bathroom.) The indoor pool was a bit too chilly for me, but to my surprise there was a large jacuzzi/spa at the pool which served my purpose. My partner thought the pool was fine. Breakfast was a little skimpy without having fresh fruit and mainly processed foods. The hotel itself was very clean in spite of currently undergoing renovations. (Looks like they're redoing the breakfast area.) Overall, I am pleased, would recommend to others, and hope to return the next time I need a getaway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind review, we should have the lobby / breakfast renovations completed in the next two weeks. We are excited for the new look and hope the guest enjoy the new spaces as well. Again thank you for the review, we look forward to serving you on your next trip to the area. Safe travels!

Jerry Smith

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley? Share your experiences!