“Had no problems” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Youngstown, Ohio
“Had no problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stayed here for only one night while traveling down south for a family vacation. The hotel is in a safe area and it was clean. We had a nice room with two large tv's. The bathroom was clean. It was raining while we were there so I cannot comment on the pool outside. The indoor pool was clean. We did not use the hot tub.

The breakfast was your typical breakfast. It wasn't awesome, but it wasn't horrible. I don't expect a 5 star breakfast at a hotel anyway. I don't know why others do. I would stay here again when passing through.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Asheville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Lots of bus tours, short on amenities, long on cost

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Because of the excellent reviews on tripadvisor we decided to try Country Inn and Suites .
The hotel was excellent. Our breakfast included hot waffles,bacon,eggs and hash browns. When in Beckley again this wil be our hotel of choice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011 via mobile

While on a NC --> IN trip, this hotel was in the middle of our route. It is very easy to find with a large, well-lit parking lot. Staff was very polite. Our room was not super up-to-date, and the thermostat was difficult to set to a non-freeze setting. We had a hard time sleeping from outside noise (highway), but that cannot always be helped. The breakfast - uh, skip it. Pretty awful. We had a good deal with an internet special, so overall it was good value. This might be one of the best places to stay in the Virginias... having said that, we drove all the way through on our way back.

• Stayed September 2011
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I love this hotel. It is so clean. convenient stop on the way home from the beach. The people are very friendly. Rooms are comfortable and roomy!!!

Room Tip: reserve ahead for weekends. have had trouble in the past without reservation
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Lexington, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

My expectations for mid-range leisure travel properties are generally not high. I really only want clean and quiet; everything else is a bonus. This property met those expectations, and that would have been enough, except that it gets points deducted for the mattress. I couldn't decide if I was in a waterbed or on a trampoline. Any movement by me or my wife set the entire bed in motion. Other than that, the place was adequate; breakfast was OK, and staff was friendly and helpful. Stay here if you're stuck in Beckley, but be ready for motion sickness.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

On a family trip to Hilton Head I booked 2 rooms on one reservation. This hotel allows pets, my daughter is allergic to dogs. I called at least 3 weeks before and was told the 1st floor rooms are for pets, I asked that we not be put in those rooms. I called the day we left for our trip to get adjoining rooms. I was told that if the reservation is under the same confirmation number we would be OK. When we arrived, My daughter's room was on the 1st floor and ours was on the 3rd. We also had reservations at this hotel for our return trip. I wanted to make sure that they understood that we wanted adjoining rooms for the 2nd stay. The clerk put our request in the computer. Well, wouldn't you know, when we arrived they did not have us in adjoining rooms. The hotel was clean and comfortable, but they don't honor your personal requests.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley? Share your experiences!