“Great Pet Friendly Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Pet Friendly Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed at this hotel as Beckley was a halfway point on our trip to NC. The hotel was very clean. Staying in a pet friendly room, I was a bit concerned that the room would carry with it residual smells, but we were pleasantly surprised. The breakfast area stocked the basic continental breakfast choices plus some extras, including a waffle maker. However, we did not get a chance to try the food as the breakfast area was very crowded. Walking my dog in the morning, I had a chance to chat with some of the hotel staff. Everyone was very friendly. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Mansfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Got broken down in Beckley and were fortunate enough to land here. Staff was very helpful. Stayed 2 days going to Outer Banks and 2 days back due to car issues. Very nice pool area. Nice enough rooms, but when they are updated, it will be fabulous. We will return here. Our 8yo son loves it here. Good hot breakfast, bacon, eggs, fruit, sausage gravy and biscuits, all continental stuff. Clean but in need of an update, which they are doing. We have really enjoyed this area, lots to do and see. Highly recommend.

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I sleep like a baby in the comfortable bed. The room was clean and presentable. The floors smelled when we arrived and the next day after the room was cleaned. I wonder if they used some type of wet cleaner on the carpet.
The breakfast was not that great. I have stayed at a lot of hotels which offer a free breakfast. This one is lacking. There were no muffins and the waffles tasted awful. The fruit came for a prepackaged jar. There may have been 6 types of fruit, but they all tasted the same due to the packaging. Go for the comfort and save your appetite for lunch.

Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Just back from one night at the Country Inn & Suites in Beckley, WV. It wasn't a perfect stay, with the hotel and other guests sharing the blame. First, do yourself a favor when booking rooms. Call the hotel directly and ask if they've done any room painting recently. I sure wish I had done that. We breathed paint fumes all night from our freshly finished walls. I know I could have asked for another room, but we had been on the road for nearly ten hours that day and I just wanted to sleep. On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate the fumes at a 6...extremely noticeable but tolerable if very tired. After deciding to stay put in the room, I got a quick shower (in a spotless bathroom.....extremely clean and tidy.....credit to Rose the housekeeper) and tried to set my alarm. Last month, I spent a week in a hotel with the exact same clock radio as my Country Inn room. The other radio worked just fine. This one didn't. No big deal......I really needed some rest, so I just picked up the phone to leave a wake up call with the front desk. Only one problem...the phone was dead. I checked all the outlets, etc., and everything was plugged in. I even plugged the phone into an empty phone jack on the other side of the room with no luck. While I had a cell phone with me and could use it for calls and an alarm, here's my problem.....there aren't many things in a hotel room that need to work (a phone, a TV, and a few lamps), so why can't hotels make sure those things are always in working order?? Regardless, we did have a good night's sleep in the comfy beds. When we got up the next day, we skipped the hotel breakfast. No disrespect to the food (which we never got close enough to see), but the breakfast room was filled to the rafters with vacationing families and their young kids. We skipped it and went somewhere else. If I'm in the area again, I'd probably book the Hampton Inn across the street. It's very nice. I chose Country Inn this time due to an internet promotion.

Powhatan, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

his hotel has it all for a respective price. Huge pool. They are redoing the hotel completly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Central OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We stopped here on our last night of vacation (this was hotel #8 for us on this trip). We were in a room with two queen beds and had no complaints. The staff at check-in was very pleasant. We saw the warning that the hotel was undergoing renovations, but we were not disturbed by any noise. The rooms seem to be well soundproofed as it was a very large hotel that appeared to be rather full the day we were there, but we didn't hear much of anything. Our room was in the middle of a wing and faced the back, so not sure if things would have been different closer to the elevator or faced the road.

The room had a fridge, microwave and table with two chairs (perfect for playing a game). The room was very clean and the towels here were much better than the last Country Inn & Suites we stayed at.

There were indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, but we didn't get to try them out. Thursday morning is pool cleaning time (it was very clearly stated when we made the reservation) and we never got down there Wednesday night before the 10 PM closing.

The breakfast room was good sized. I had been concerned about finding a seat due to the size of the hotel, but we were apparently late enough risers that there were plenty of spots to choose from.

We would definitely stay here again if we pass through the area. It was less than $100 with tax for our one night stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed one night here on our way down to Hilton Head Island. Beckley is almost perfectly at the half way spot of the trip. We were traveling with two teen boys, so the two beds and sofa bed were a must have. Overall, the place was decent. No complaints about cleanliness or service. Price seemed a bit high for this level of a property.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley? Share your experiences!