“Stay Here” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beckley
New York
“Stay Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Staying here was a pleasure. Room was well appointed with very fresh linens/duvet covers changed daily. Room was small but very amiable and welcoming.It was deocorated well. Bathroom was up to date and VERY clean. At 139$ a night it was a world of difference from our previous night's accomodation for same amount in St Augustine. Breakfast was well organized and consisted of hot and cold selections of oatmeal, eggs, sausage, biscuits, make your own waffle, fruit, cereal, pastries etc. I would definitely return to this accomodation again as it's an easy on/off Interstate 75 with numerous choices of restaurants in close proximity.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pittsburgh PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I booked two nights at this hotel for a girls weekend with my cousin. It was a half way meet for us, Pgh and Charlotte. I made the reservation and I asked if I had a confirmation number. The fellow told me no. As a rule I do call and rechek my reservations the week of the stay. No reservation. Fortunatly they were able to rebook me. When we checked in I was really glad I comfirmed. There was a race of some sort nearby and everything was filling up or already booked. When we paid with cash, they did give us a small additional discount. We had a standard double room. It was clean and neat. Plenty of towels and we were comfortable. We didn't have a fridge which is usually a nice bonus. But we survived.

The staff upon arrival was very nice and helpful. My cousin had car troubles on the way up and 3A's got her connected with a dealership in the area that could do the repair on Saturday. We both arrived at the hotel about the same time and she got directions from the front desk. Needless to say they remembered us. The breakfast had the two hot items. Saturday it seemed to be stocked pretty well the time we were there. Sunday it wasn't. At one point all they had in coffee was robust and hot water. Had to wait for items to be replenished. They did offer snacks in the evening. Didn't bother to pay attention to what they offered the first night, we opted to do a late dinner after we got back from dropping the car off. The second night they had a pop corn machine, cookies and chicken nuggets. We didn't have any but it looked ok. There is plenty of places to eat near by. You can walk to a Wendys and a steak house from the hotel parking lot. Many other places around as well. Lots of shopping plaza's, grocery store etc.. near by. There was a Med First not too far away from the hotel either. A good thing to know when you travel. There was some noise in the hallways. Early Sunday morning a family with kids who were loud woke us up about 6:30.

Despite the glitch in my first reservation it was an enjoyable stay. We spent a fair amount of time in our room gabbing and catching up on things. We were comfortable and it was an ok stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a confirmation number.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Decent Hampton as far as accommodations go. The room was smaller than usual and there isn't a real closet - more of a wardrobe. But it was comfortable. The beverage center and evening treats are nice.

The staff does not seem well trained. They're friendly in some ways but not professional. The desk staff didn't understand the deal they have with Winterplace. That was frustrating and cost me money. They all eat breakfast around 9:45 which doesn't seem to be a problem except for them reaching over me and not really using manners. The cleaning staff was the most frustrating as they yelled down the halls as they cleaned and slammed the doors. I even heard some fowl language.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Corry, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I've been an HHonors member for many years and am very disappointed by the way we were treated by the desk clerk. We did not have a reservation when we arrived, but the clerk said there were king rooms available. When I asked for a military discount she said that she had made a mistake and there weren't any king rooms left. Pretty confusing how they went from several rooms to none in a matter of seconds. I am very disappointed and will be contacting HHonors to see what there response to this kind of service is. It currently is my number one choice when traveling, but that may change.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Rebecca B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Beckley, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Hi pmgeiss,
I apologize that we were not able to provide you with a king size bed that you wanted when you inquired about a room at our facility. Please know that the agent working the front desk that evening was new and she is still in training and in no way meant to come off as being rude or unhelpful. We value you as a guest and hope that you will return again in the future. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance to you. Thank you!
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My parents come from Florida annually to visit for the holiday. As a HHonors diamond member, I never hesitate to put them up in the Hampton Inn. They love the comfy beds, and hot breakfast. The service is always great, and the house keeping staff always tend to their needs, and make them feel welcome, even on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

It is a great value for your dollar, with a great location. I would recommend and stay over again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Rebecca B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Beckley, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you Traveling_Cub for the nice review! We appreciate your loyalty to the brand and hope to see you again in the future.
ripley wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a quick weekend trip. The rates were very reasonable and the room seemed very new. The carpet was perfect and extremely clean. The fitness center was more than adequate and had a few extras that some hotel gyms do not provide. The free breakfast was great with many choices and options, including healthy options. We loved the free coffee, teas and hot chocolate as well as the free cookies and popcorn! The bathroom was new and in perfect condition and working order. Storage space was more than adequate. TV channell choices were good as well, including free HBO. We were super close to some restaurants and had dinner at a nearby Itallina Restaurant. I can't say enough good things about this stay, it was perfect and staff was friendly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you ripley304 for the nice review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you as a guest again in the future!
Ennismore On
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

This hampton inn is clean, affordable and a pleasant stop on your journey. There is a fitness centre to help work out the travel kinks. The hotel lobby offered hot chili, popcorn and cookies when I checked in and a good breakfast selection in the morning.. The room was modern, clean and well equipped.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Thank you chemong for the nice review of our hotel, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Hampton Inn Beckley? Share your experiences!