“Cancelled the show and kept our money.” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 5 Attractions in Beckley
More attraction details
Owner description: Outdoor dramas. Mid June through late August. Nightly except Mondays.
Ohio
12 attraction reviews
“Cancelled the show and kept our money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

We purchased tickets at about 7:30 for an 8:15 show. Phil Dirt and the Dozers were supposed to perform at 8:00 but did not. At 8:10 someone came out and said that they had a lightning strike the night before and that there would be no show. We can write them to get rain checks. They took our money at 7:30 the night of the show, knowing that they weren't going on with it and knowing that they weren't going to give any refunds. I don't consider them to be a reputable organization and do not recommend them to anyone.

North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
“Church group trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Took 23 senior adults from church to see "Hatfields and McCoys". The weather was extra nice, there was little walking, no line in restrooms and super staff. The play was great. The ending was just what we needed to see. This is a great place to go with any age group.

Beckley
“Theatre West Virginia-not like it used to be”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

We have just returned from a trip to Grandview-part of the New River National Park system.. The view magnificent and we were excited about the outdoor drama. The drama--Honey in the Rock--was a BIG disappointment. We took a couple 2 years ago and loved the dancing and excitement. Not this year. It was difficult to find a southern accent in the entire acting corp.

California
“WOW...if you're in the area, see this outdoor drama's production!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2008

Man, I tell you, I am an avid theatre fan and I cannot say enough about the TWV experience. Honey and Hatfields were wonderful!

We will be going again this year, and according to our family, they are doing Cinderella and HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL this summer!

The family is going to love it!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Honey in The Rock--rocks --”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

Wow, I can't believe how much Honey has improved since I was there a few years ago. The costumes are fabulous. Last time, they looked a little shabby. I would not call it a comedy--it is a musical with elements of humor and seious moments also. The whole cast really seems to interact well with each other, If I had a favorite part, it would be the civil war freeze frames , especially Abraham Lincoln. It put chills down my spine.The childreb with me were asking dozens of questions and squealed whenever a gun was shot.
Great job cast and crew--make sure you look around the park. beautiful hiking trails.